Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else imagispent their student loans before even getting them.. watch

ReputationRep:
    [Imagispent/ Imagispend - To imagine spending money you don't have, To have fictitiously spent money you do not possess]

Anyone else imagispent their student loans before even getting them...
    Or in my case even a offer for University...

I got my interview date through, and in readyness I researched likely grants and loans I could recieve to help fund some of the bigger purchases.

So far I have Imagibought [Imaginary buying - spot the pattern?]

A Macbook Pro
    A Macbook pro bag that doesn't look like a laptop bag / doesn't scream PLEASE MUG ME
    iWorks
    the entire Adobe CS4 software package
    Some UGG boots.

Admittedly I actually will need at least some of the above, the UGG boots are mainly me lamenting the destruction of my most recent pair of shoes by too much walking.

So who else has imagispent™ their loans and grants, and what on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psylencia)
    [Imagispent/ Imagispend - To imagine spending money you don't have, To have fictitiously spent money you do not possess]

Or in my case even a offer for University...

I got my interview date through, and in readyness I researched likely grants and loans I could recieve to help fund some of the bigger purchases.

So far I have Imagibought [Imaginary buying - spot the pattern?]

A Macbook Pro
    A Macbook pro bag that doesn't look like a laptop bag / doesn't scream PLEASE MUG ME
    iWorks
    the entire Adobe CS4 software package
    Some UGG boots.

Admittedly I actually will need at least some of the above, the UGG boots are mainly me lamenting the destruction of my most recent pair of shoes by too much walking.

So who else has imagispent™ their loans and grants, and what on?
    I think everyone does this. I'm in the final semester of my final year at university, and I STILL imagispend my grant and loan before I even have it! In the months since getting my current one I've already spent waaay more than my budget would ever have allowed, and I already have plans for my next one: iPod and trip to London, expect me!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well, after careful consideration I have come up with spending my loan on:

-A roof over my head
    -food

:rolleyes:

If I come into surprise money, it might be relegated into paying instead for some new clothes and a nice laptop bag.

ReputationRep:
    I imagibought a lotus with the 30k grant I did not get.

ReputationRep:
    I will be £250 short on accomodation with my Maintenance loan yet have still 'imagibought' myself a Macbook Pro, put a preorder down on an iPad and a nice sum put away for car insurance.

We can all dream!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.