Turn on thread page Beta

push ups against a wall watch

ReputationRep:
    ok or a waste of time?

i cant do them on my toes nor on my knees, against a wall is the only way i can do them, so yeah are they a waste of time doing them like that?

ReputationRep:
    You can't do them on your knees?
    Uuuuh, better than nothing I suppose. Just make sure you aren't doing it in the bathroom, on one of those carpets prone to slipping out from underneath you.

ReputationRep:
    no i cant do it on my knees as i have bad knees and i cant kneel, even doing it on a mat or something hurts too much

ReputationRep:
    use a mat? :dunno: how's the fat loss going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    use a mat? :dunno: how's the fat loss going?

even hurts with a mat

not bad, not good either, weighed today and im 198lbs

but monday starts the tabata on the stationary bike, fitness DVDs and possibly either skipping or boxing, by the end of the month im hoping to have my treadmill so i can do my 10,000+ steps

ReputationRep:
    You could just, you know, walk or jog outside? It is getting to spring after all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RideBikes)
    You could just, you know, walk or jog outside? It is getting to spring after all...
    well no because i prefer to exercise at home while watching TV/listening to spotify

ReputationRep:
    I started off with those, I did 100 solid to start off like twice a day for a week to build up strength. After that I went and did 3 sets of 15 push ups every other day, moved up to 20 and then 25 and then 30. I'm at around 35 so.. making slow progress.. lol

Goal : 100 press ups !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    well no because i prefer to exercise at home while watching TV/listening to spotify
    Well then you're just stubborn. Maybe you should get out of the habit of watching TV while you exercise? Get an mp3 player and listen to that while you walk or jog.

Push ups against a wall are the same as putting your palms on the wall and rocking back and forth, which takes no effort at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pony Jack)
    Well then you're just stubborn. Maybe you should get out of the habit of watching TV while you exercise? Get an mp3 player and listen to that while you walk or jog.

Push ups against a wall are the same as putting your palms on the wall and rocking back and forth, which takes no effort at all.

why? watching TV keeps me from being bored while exercising and it means i can literally do it all year round instead of not being able to do it in winter due to the weather

plus i dont have other people bothering me

ReputationRep:
    why? watching TV keeps me from being bored while exercising and it means i can literally do it all year round instead of not being able to do it in winter due to the weather

plus i dont have other people bothering me
    Well it seems to be limiting what you'll do. You could go outside in the spring, summer and autumn when the weather's decent. And you could listen to music, the radio, or an audiobook while you do so.

And why do other people bother you?

ReputationRep:
    Well it seems to be limiting what you'll do. You could go outside in the spring, summer and autumn when the weather's decent. And you could listen to music, the radio, or an audiobook while you do so.

And why do other people bother you?

i could also do all of those things at home as well as being able to work out in winter, its not restricting me at all tbh

and i prefer not being watched/looked at when i work out

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you prefer not to work out...

in all seriousness, why not try press ups on a table for starters and build up for some full rep bad boys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    sounds like you prefer not to work out...

in all seriousness, why not try press ups on a table for starters and build up for some full rep bad boys?

yeah on a table isnt a bad idea tbh

and i do like working out

ReputationRep:
    i could also do all of those things at home as well as being able to work out in winter, its not restricting me at all tbh

and i prefer not being watched/looked at when i work out
    That attitude doesn't really fill me with inspiration. Just because there's a small part of the year where you might not be able to go out, you're gonna stay in the whole year? Your choice I guess, but I think an attitude change wouldn't go amiss.

ReputationRep:
    That attitude doesn't really fill me with inspiration. Just because there's a small part of the year where you might not be able to go out, you're gonna stay in the whole year? Your choice I guess, but I think an attitude change wouldn't go amiss.

well theres like 2-3 months of snow/ice/frost etc so.....

dont see the big deal with working out at home tbh, in fact i can do more at home than outside because i can do it when i want and i do a lot of workouts late at night

ReputationRep:
    she's 5'2'' and 90kg people

I'd struggle to do many press ups with 20kg attached to my back

let her build up to it

t^3 - against a wall is fine for now

ReputationRep:
    ok or a waste of time?

i cant do them on my toes nor on my knees, against a wall is the only way i can do them, so yeah are they a waste of time doing them like that?
    Are you serious? Even a "child" like me knows that dreaming about doing pushups is about as effective as "push ups against a wall"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Are you serious? Even a "child" like me knows that dreaming about doing pushups is about as effective as "push ups against a wall"
    again

she is 5'2 and 90kg

i doubt she has the strength to move her own BW even on her knees

give her some credit for doing this, minor as it may seem to you, it does have some impact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    she's 5'2'' and 90kg people

I'd struggle to do many press ups with 20kg attached to my back

let her build up to it

t^3 - against a wall is fine for now
    let me make it clear, the only reason i struggle to do proper ones is because of my knees nothing else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.