Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    troll.

ReputationRep:
    troll.

ReputationRep:
    To be quite frank, I find it repulsive. I don't think I would mind it so much if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't only harm the smoker but people around them too. Self-harm should ONLY harm oneself, not other people - that's just inconsiderate IMO, and I couldn't be with an inconsiderate person.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find it attractive at all. My boyfriend started smoking again a few months ago, but he won't smoke when I'm around, for which I'm grateful. The whole of my family smoke with the exception of me, my dad (who's given up) and my baby sister, so its nice to have a break from it all.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Smokers = no.

<3

ReputationRep:
    No... No no no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niall_001)
    I love anti-smokers, they are hilarious.

Quote Bill Hicks:

"What a bunch of whining maggots. Bunch of self-righteous obnoxious slugs. I'd quit smoking if i didn't think I'd become one of you"
    It's alright. I don't mind you getting lung cancer in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is fugggggggly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHughes)
    What about dating someone that has a thing for weeing on you?
    :yawn: No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    From a girls perspective- is a guy smoking somewhat attractive? Quite a few girls have told me it is- even those who hate smoking O_o

Just curious
    this is my view .. i'm a girl and a smoker.

guy smokes girl does too ... they have something in common and can keep each other warm whilst smoking in the cold. no problem until one of them tries to quit.

guy smokes girl doesn't ... she'll nag him to quit. he'll smell like the most vile thing ever. not a good scenario.

(Original post by Wardy23)
    Even more than say...public masturbation?
    Definitely! Smoking is an instant turn off, whereas public masturbation :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    nah not attractive. for me, it's pretty attractive when a guy will openly say he's against smoking, particularly in front of lots of people who are smoking at the time. like for example i was out on friday, and this guy at my school who's pretty hot, rugby player and everything, was offered a cigarette by a bunch of his mates who were standing around smoking, he just walked on by and said 'nah thanks mate, i like my lungs'. now that was hot.

ReputationRep:
    I think its extremely unnattractive and I doubt I would ever go out with someone who smokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs101)
    nah not attractive. for me, it's pretty attractive when a guy will openly say he's against smoking, particularly in front of lots of people who are smoking at the time. like for example i was out on friday, and this guy at my school who's pretty hot, rugby player and everything, was offered a cigarette by a bunch of his mates who were standing around smoking, he just walked on by and said 'nah thanks mate, i like my lungs'. now that was hot.
    So someone offered him a cigarette out of the goodness of their hearts, bearing in mind they're certainly not cheap these days, and he was rude to him? Yeah, sounds hot. Manners cost nothing. That kind of attitude would turn me off more than someone smoking the occasional fag.

ReputationRep:
    Can it look attractive? Yes. On the right guy with the bad boy rocker thing going on. It can look hot from afar, but the minute I get within smelling distance I'm turned off. I'd never date a smoker. So sure, its attactive - as long as you stay out of smelling distance from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    So someone offered him a cigarette out of the goodness of their hearts, bearing in mind they're certainly not cheap these days, and he was rude to him? Yeah, sounds hot. Manners cost nothing. That kind of attitude would turn me off more than someone smoking the occasional fag.
    yeah, offering him what is essentially a death stick was really kind hearted - if you're going to look at it in terms of manners. get a sense of humour, the guy who offered it to him laughed. 'bearing in mind they're certainly not cheap' - if he wants to smoke, it's his choice. It's optional. It's not a necessity in someone's life, if they don't have the money they can quit. Everyone has willpower and it's up to them to use it.

ReputationRep:
    have any of you seen the new film youth in revolt. the more dangerous confident and successful side of the main character is constantly seen with a cigarette. whether or not smoking is attractive depends on what attributes a person finds attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on the guy i think it can look strangely sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Um, no.

It just makes me think he doesn't have the intellectual ability to see how ridiculous smoking is.

ReputationRep:
    No, for me it is unattractive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.