Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs101)
    yeah, offering him what is essentially a death stick was really kind hearted - if you're going to look at it in terms of manners. get a sense of humour, the guy who offered it to him laughed. 'bearing in mind they're certainly not cheap' - if he wants to smoke, it's his choice. It's optional. It's not a necessity in someone's life, if they don't have the money they can quit. Everyone has willpower and it's up to them to use it.
    Pull your head out of yer arse, love. Is it lonely up there on your soap box?

ReputationRep:
    No

I don't find it attractive but I would still talk to someone who was smoking next to me. My dad smokes so I get used to it.
    Funny thing is I know a lot of attractive female friends who smoke and I keep telling them that they should stop before they **** up their face and teeth.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I don't find smoking attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date a non-smoker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flugestuge)
    It is worse because you do not have nicotine addiction as an excuse for your arrant stupidity. There is a special circle of hell reserved for casual smokers.
    What do you mean? I drink but I am not an alchoholic. Does that make me stupid as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazuliblue)
    Um, no.

It just makes me think he doesn't have the intellectual ability to see how ridiculous smoking is.
    :rolleyes: 'cause it's not like some of the greatest intellectual figures in history were smokers, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    Pull your head out of yer arse, love. Is it lonely up there on your soap box?
    i'd take a look at your first reply before you spin me that, 'love'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebs101)
    i'd take a look at your first reply before you spin me that, 'love'...
    Nah. To misquote a popular phrase, the only difference between smokers and non-smokers is that smokers don't mind people not smoking.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHughes)
    Well you sure are a lady :rolleyes:
    How does declining that type of fetish make me not a lady?

ReputationRep:
    hm. depends on the person and the situation.
    i dunno. can't make up my mind. i know it's a dirty habit but...
    hmph.

ReputationRep:
    Strangely I think its pretty sexy..no idea why

ReputationRep:
    troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHughes)
    Ah, I thought you were saying you find "snogging an ashtray" less appealing then being urinated on for the sexual pleasure of another. My bad.
    Indeed. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    if a girl smokes......I don't care if they look like megan fox, I'm just not interested anymore....(actually, if it was megan fox, then maybe I could make an exception )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    From a girls perspective- is a guy smoking somewhat attractive? Quite a few girls have told me it is- even those who hate smoking O_o

Just curious

No.
    Kissing a smoker is not good.

ReputationRep:
    Yellow teeth, bad breath and smelly clothes tend to be quite unattractive so yeah, smoking is pretty nasty.

ReputationRep:
    http://hollywooddame.com/wp-content/...-smoking-2.jpg

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.