Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it is attractive but it wouldn't put me off a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    We're not on a high horse if we are simply right
    What's not vile and stupid about a habit:
    -That greatly increases your chance of a host of diseases
    -Makes you stink
    -Turns bits of you yellow eventually
    -Prematurely ages you
    - Reduces your fitness
    - Enduces coughing and hacking stuff up
    - Offers no advantage that would justify ignoring the above?
    No way!

If I'd heard all this before I would have quit straight away!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand it if a girl I liked smoked, but I love sparking up myself, socially only

ReputationRep:
    I think it is kinda attractive accept for when they want you to come outside in the cold with them, i used to smoke like on/off because I just don't get addicted so I don't mind. Its good maners if the guy has a mint or something if they wanna kiss you but the taste aint too bad, ill even have a few tokes of the cigarette if i feel like it.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is disgusting. Even if he was the most perfect guy in the world I would not go out with him if he smoked, it is horrible. It smells, it makes your skin disgusting, breath is rank, teeth and fingers go yellow and don't get me started on all the health crap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armageddonbride)
    No way!

If I'd heard all this before I would have quit straight away!

:rolleyes:
    I didn't say you didn't know this stuff just that this stuff does 100% make smoking a horrible habit no matter what smokers say.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. It wouldn't determine whether I'd go out with someone or not, but I'd say it's more of a turn off really.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. I went out with a smoker briefly and kissing him was disgusting. Whenever I spent time with him I came home stinking and with sore eyes. I would never go out with a smoker again; it would also worry me that any future we had together would be cut short by smoking related diseases etc. I think there would also be a general personality clash with someone that could so willfully damage their health like that. Maybe that's just because I've seen a close relative die from lung cancer caused by smoking.

Call me narrow minded, but I just don't understand why so many people of our generation start smoking in the first place when everyone knows how bad it is for you. Not to mention expensive!

ReputationRep:
    I think its quite attractive :p: something you and her can have in common i guess, and its absolutly amazing at getting the clunge in the smoking area's of clubs! They tend to be a lot more social aswell, the smoking crowd that is the smells quite nice i think, though when you run you're eyes it does hurt
    because I just don't get addicted so I don't mind
    smoke 120 a week for a month and at the end tell me you're not addicted

ReputationRep:
    so. *******. hot. hated smokers until i dated my ex, then kissing him was such a major turn on it was unbelievable.

now everytime i'm in the library and a guy sits next to me smelling all cigarettey i get all nervous and jumpy. love ittttt!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.