Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

YOu see two people fighting in the bus. What would you do? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: See two People fight. What would you do?
    Call the Police
    13.33%
    Dont Care
    60.00%
    Spit at them
    4.44%
    Shout at them
    4.44%
    Intervene and try to stop them
    17.78%

Well I would let them have it out. The police usually do **** all so I wouldn't even waste my time. And I wouldn't intervene because it's nothing to do with me. Spit or shout at them? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Join in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    get my phone out, film it, put it on youtube/facebook.
    Dammit!

ReputationRep:
    Why is there no 'Heckle' option?

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Police probably, or intervene if I think I can help & if one is clearly a victim.

ReputationRep:
    If they were bumping into me in the process I would get annoyed, and if I got annoyed I would put gum in their hair secretly

ReputationRep:
    Pee on them

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd like to think that I would have the courage to get involved and try and break it up.

It's a tricky situation though, and my response would depend on what I see, (2 people fighting, yes we know that, but are there weapons? is there a clear aggressor and victim? is the bus stationary? other people on board - do they look willing to step in or are they mates of one of the people fighting? is the driver aware?......) lot's of variables.....

From speaking to people who have been in situations like this though, and watching CCTV footage of fights on buses/trains etc, although everyone likes to think we'd have the courage to get involved and help in a situation like this - it seems most people actually remain frozen in their seats with fear and do nothing for fear of being assaulted too.

It often takes a lot of courage to get involved, 10/10 to anyone that acts.

ReputationRep:
    ahh damn i've been beaten! i was gonna say youtube lol.. i luv bus entertainment though.. livens up the journey for me, hopefully nothing too violent happens though lol

usually on the small bendy buses in london in the evenings, there's druggies and drunks

ReputationRep:
    place a bet with the guy sitting next to me on the winner

ReputationRep:
    While I would like to say that I would help out (if it's an attack), I would probably move out of sight and call the cops.

But seriously, who would spit on two people in a brawl. I can't think of anything stupider.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care. I don't know them, so it's not my issue nor obligation to get involved.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.