Turn on thread page Beta

How much does dress sense, body and grooming matter for a guy? watch

Right, so basically i was never that unsuccessful with women. However, after becoming infatuated and losing my opportunity with a girl for a year and a half i decided to work out and do everything i could to become as good as i can be.

Basically, i addressed all the above points and i now have women checking me out and maintaining flirtatious eye contact with new girls everyday. I walk with a lot more confidence and i'm generally a totally new guy.

Is this normal for guys with these qualities everyday or am i just imagining it?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I reckon it's confidence more than anything. You feeling more confident is showing on your exterior (:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well I think it matters hugely. I currently match 2/3 of said points. Working on the 3rd atm but yeah it actually is a good thing you do get alot of looks and you become more confident.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but confidence will come out if you take some pride in your appearance and dress well and are always well turned out in public.

Check out www.kinowear.com - great site for this sorta thing.

ReputationRep:
    It really ups you on the sexy scale... if someone can't be bothered to make themselves look good then will they make any effort in a relationship? Plus it's nice to feel proud of the guy on your arm

(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Hmm well I think it matters hugely. I currently match 2/3 of said points. Working on the 3rd atm but yeah it actually is a good thing you do get alot of looks and you become more confident.
    Someone said I had a nice smile last night. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Someone said I had a nice smile last night. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/innocent.gif
    :awesome: that's good :p:

I have this so badly :emo:

http://www.kinowear.com/blog/bfd-bad-fit-disease/

ReputationRep:
    you sound like the guy i like :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I think the first and last matter the most, OP. Dress sense and grooming are vital and I speak from experience, 5 years ago I wore crappy clothing and had a crappy haircut, now I've got my own dress sense which suits me which has been improving over those years, first I started wearing jeans, then stopped wearing blue jeans as they weren't me, no sports branded clothing, I wear converses etc. Recently my hair has been improving too, I grew my hair out at first but it was too long, changed my hair style, started wearing a texturising gum or hair spray sometimes, brushing my hair into a proper style. That kinda stuff. It makes a big difference and coupled with confidence you're onto a winner.

Body? Not so much but that depends on what kind of body you currently have. If you've overweight it'd probably be worth losing some weight but otherwise I don't think you'll have much problem, you don't really need to be muscular, just healthy looking

ReputationRep:
    Dress sense - matters a bit, as long as you dress like a normal person I'm sure you'll look fine.

Body - again, matters slightly, but most girls go for different things, and most would overlook a less than amazing body if everything else was to their liking

Grooming - like what things in particular? BE CLEAN! Ladies like stubble, so if you have a beard and you could bear to part with it, then trim it short. Just make sure you smell nice and look like you've had a wash :p: Keep your hair nice too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Dress sense - matters a bit, as long as you dress like a normal person I'm sure you'll look fine.

Body - again, matters slightly, but most girls go for different things, and most would overlook a less than amazing body if everything else was to their liking

Grooming - like what things in particular? BE CLEAN! Ladies like stubble, so if you have a beard and you could bear to part with it, then trim it short. Just make sure you smell nice and look like you've had a wash :p: Keep your hair nice too.
    ladies like dirty men!!

(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    :awesome: that's good :p:
    :yep: It's better than nothing. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I have this so badly :emo:

http://www.kinowear.com/blog/bfd-bad-fit-disease/
    OMG so guilty of this.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i dont give a toss about what a guy wears as long as

1) hes clean
    and
    2) hes not wearing a sunderland top lol

(Original post by crazylemon)
    OMG so guilty of this.
    But I can't help it! :cry: I get the sleeves right, but not the body. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    But I can't help it! :cry: I get the sleeves right, but not the body. :sad:
    Mine is partly That I used to be pretty fat and have lost weight (now merely chubby) and thus all clothes are now to big (suits being a main one which is annoying as I was 36in chest before so now sometimes will need 34 )
    I don't have the inclination to spend lots of money on clothes atm.

Also baggy clothes = awesome for lectures.

If I become thin I might try and sort it out though as will become silly...

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is important but ugly is ugly and crusty is crusty - ain't no changing that!
    Dress better, impress better - that's what I say!

(Original post by crazylemon)
    Mine is partly That I used to be pretty fat and have lost weight (now merely chubby) and thus all clothes are now to big (suits being a main one which is annoying as I was 36in chest before so now sometimes will need 34 )
    I don't have the inclination to spend lots of money on clothes atm.

Also baggy clothes = awesome for lectures.

If I become thin I might try and sort it out though as will become silly...
    I've recently tried to make my wardrobe acceptable :ahee:, so I've bought slimmer clothes, but they're still kind of baggy

:beard: What makes them awesome?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what certain girls find attractive really. Some girls like perfectly groomed Men however I LOVE the roughness of my man when hes not had a shave for a few days :P. Clothes wise as long as your not a compete slob wearing baggy stained clothes you should be fine.

Do whatever will make you feel confident and be yourself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.