Turn on thread page Beta

What is the difference between an Ipod 7th gen and 8th gen? watch

ReputationRep:
    If any?
    My Sony mp3 player finally gave up the ghost, so I'm looking at buying a 160GB ipod.
    I've made a few other posts when I was considering one, but now I'm really looking to buy one. (I'd still rather have a smaller capacity one but I can't find them other than 2nd hand on ebay, and i think I'd rather have a new one)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    All I know is that, on the whole, the newest classic is meant to be the best sounding out of it and the previous classic.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is probably the best reference you're going to find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iPod_models

Doesn't seem to be a seventh or eighth generation, though.

ReputationRep:
    im sure the classic is the 6th gen, the old touch is the 7th and the new(3rd generation) touch is the 8th gen ipod and having both an 80gig classic and a 3rd gen touch they're both pretty similar in sound, id say the classic is marginally better but this is because i link them up to large speakers through an amp, the difference isn't noticeable with headphones but for capacity its definitely the classic, plus if you're the kind of person who drops stuff, the classic can really take a bashing, mines fallen, been thrown and run over, the back is scratched to within an inch of its life, there is a small dent and a few scratches on the clickwheel, some scratches on the screen cover but even with the backlight on low the screen is completely clear and it still works fine after nearly three years. and theyre pretty cheap 80, 120 and 160GB models brand new.

ReputationRep:
    there is no difference.
    i stopped using my fifth gen when i got the iphone. the sound is the same. if you just want to play music with it, job done

ReputationRep:
    about 1 'gen'

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.