Turn on thread page Beta

Girl who likes me - Not sure what to do. watch

Keep anon please, or delete.

I'm 15 and have had one girlfriend before.

I'm pretty sure that one of my friends likes me, as they always ask me for hugs, always talks to me and every now and again says she loves me but like not in the most serious way, but you can tell shes being honest. We talk a lot, there have been a few times where she would make a conversation so that it would make me speak up and ask her out but i'm really not sure what to do.

I kind of like her, but I have a feeling that my friends will think I'm a freak if I go out with her. Most guys would say shes not that good looking but I think she looks quite nice. Great personality but far from "popular", etc. and I have a bad feeling that people will start to judge me or take the piss out of me if i go out with her as it is quite a random match and I dunno i can just imagine it :/

I'm not sure how long the relationship would last either, but obviously thats not something you can measure right now.

So anyway, I know people say "keep it a secret" but honestly, some people have to know like best friends and its very hard to keep things under wraps so its just like awkward. I sometimes get bullied anyway, but not like real bullying just people sometimes taking the piss. Chavs generally dislike me.

I don't care what a lot of people think about me but i care about what my friends do and they are what is important to me. Bearing in mind one of my friends went out with this girl in June last year but it didn't last long, she said they wanted to be friends. That could make things awkward. But I still quite like her so its really just incredibly unfortunate

What should I do? I can give more info if you want.

ReputationRep:
    If people would think you're a freak for going out with her they probs already think your a freak for being her friend.
    You're fifteen not fifty, stop worrying about how long the relationship would last and just go for it, have a bit of fun.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, from what you've said there isn't much that suggests she likes you. I have a lot of friends like that and they don't like me. A major Q which you might want to consider is does she talk to you tenderly?

First off; forget your friends, what do they matter? They're only friends. In all honesty I wouldn't bother having a relationship at your age, school is way too hierarchical to not get judged for dating "below your level". You have a very childish perspective but that's to be expected, you're at school. If you do ask her out and keep her a secret then she'll think you're an *******, which you will be because you're saying you're ashamed of her.

There's no reason to not go out with her other than your age. I know everyone says it but when you're older you'll probably think the same, you're too immature.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. It'll either work out wonderfully and all will be well, or you will learn valuable lessons about yourself. Both options are good.

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it. Your mates who take the piss will just be jealous because there the ones without a GF. If you like her and she likes you why not
    Your 15 dont worry about how long it will last, but dont drag it on forever man up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Ok, from what you've said there isn't much that suggests she likes you. I have a lot of friends like that and they don't like me. A major Q which you might want to consider is does she talk to you tenderly?

First off; forget your friends, what do they matter? They're only friends. In all honesty I wouldn't bother having a relationship at your age, school is way too hierarchical to not get judged for dating "below your level". You have a very childish perspective but that's to be expected, you're at school. If you do ask her out and keep her a secret then she'll think you're an *******, which you will be because you're saying you're ashamed of her.

There's no reason to not go out with her other than your age. I know everyone says it but when you're older you'll probably think the same, you're too immature.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I hug my friends all the time and want to chat to them. Maybe she's just being friendly??

I haven't explained myself well enough but trust me its just so obvious. The way I explained it was pretty blunt and I'm not saying some of the other stuff but seriously, I doubt i would be making a mistake thinking this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.