Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am currently applying to Reading, Queen Mary and Kent with the predicted grades BBB. I have offers from all 3.
    However, I resat my english AS coursework and moved it from a D to an A by getting 100% in the module.
    I also think I have done really bad on my recent sociology exam, and shall probably be retaking that in June, although I got a B in AS.
    I am looking to get AAB , but if i do that, I'm going to pull out of UCAS altogether and reapply next year.
    If I do get the aformentioned AAB, I plan to apply to: Sussex, Kings College, Warwick, St. Andrews and Exeter.
    The down side is that I am not aware as to whether they can see if you have done resits or not, and if they can I might not be in with a chance of getting an offer, and might be wasting my time.
    Can they see if you have done resits after you have the full A-level or not?
    I will have done the resits within the allocated 2 years of AS and A2.
    Thanks, Myles.

PS: If you didn't understand any of it, I will gladly explain in further detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mthorpe)
    Hi,
    I am currently applying to Reading, Queen Mary and Kent with the predicted grades BBB. I have offers from all 3.
    However, I resat my english AS coursework and moved it from a D to an A by getting 100% in the module.
    I also think I have done really bad on my recent sociology exam, and shall probably be retaking that in June, although I got a B in AS.
    I am looking to get AAB , but if i do that, I'm going to pull out of UCAS altogether and reapply next year.
    If I do get the aformentioned AAB, I plan to apply to: Sussex, Kings College, Warwick, St. Andrews and Exeter.
    The down side is that I am not aware as to whether they can see if you have done resits or not, and if they can I might not be in with a chance of getting an offer, and might be wasting my time.
    Can they see if you have done resits after you have the full A-level or not?
    I will have done the resits within the allocated 2 years of AS and A2.
    Thanks, Myles.

PS: If you didn't understand any of it, I will gladly explain in further detail.
    They will only know that you did resits if the date of your qualifications is different, but if you are only doing resits within the two years then no they will not know. You are just maximising the use of the system. There are *some* universities/courses that require you to get your grades in one sitting without resits (e.g. Imperial) but I doubt that it will be a problem for the courses/universities you are applying for.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If you do the resits whilst in sixth form as you plan they'll have no way of knowing, just got an offer from Exeter for example with more resits than I can count, so guessing one or two (or ten) resits won't make any difference at all
    As F1 fanatic stated some unis do ask for grades to be gotten in one sitting, but this will usually be stated on UCAS when you apply.

Also there's now the opportunity to 'adjust' on results day, which means if you did exceed your offer you might be able to apply directly to one of those places (maybe visit now if you think that's an option for you):

http://www.ucas.com/students/results/whatnext

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, thank you SO much, I had literally given up on my life. Really reassuring x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.