Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ERgh!!!!!!!!! it's too expensive buying weights! watch

ReputationRep:
    Concrete and bags of sand, some heavy ass ****.
    But realisticly if you don not have the money for food, weights and will not join a gym then you might aswell just find something else to do

ReputationRep:
    Start saving up for those weights, if you actually want to achieve a little bit more in building up your body. And while you are saving up, work with your bodyweight. There is a good bunch of exercises using nothing except your bodyweight and ground, which is free. Google those, if you're not lazy and want to keep yourself in shape, you'll find those very useful and not really easy to do the first time.

as adonis said, it takes a lot more than just weights, if you can't afford the weights, then a good diet won't be afforded either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    as adonis said, it takes a lot more than just weights, if you can't afford the weights, then a good diet won't be afforded either
    Oh, thnx guys!!! you wouldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!! i saw a couple of weights for £3. yes!!! at a charity shop. someone got to them before me though. Guess i'll have to spend some dosh. Thnx for being understanding. MY mom takes care of the diet though, luckily. It's just the way she feeds me, lots of protein. You've all really helped, now i'm thinking of where to look next........ what sort of excercises are best?

ReputationRep:
    weights are expensive because China dominate the Iron industry and it needs to be shipped in and the obvious problem with that is weights weigh a lot! so it's just all shipping.

well i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    weights are expensive because China dominate the Iron industry and it needs to be shipped him and the obvious problem with that is weights weigh a lot! so it's just all shipping.

well i think

That's quite true, i see offers online of a decent amount of weights in the region of say... £20 but when you add in the shipping, your looking at almost double the cost. it's annoying!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b641j...eature=related

All you need is a pull up bar to get ripped.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah, you can actually get the equipment quite cheap direct form the Chinese factories. I've seen items like trap-bars going for $55ish.

Granted, they're not Eleiko or Texas Power bars, but better than just a pull up bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)

(This is coming from a guy who spends £35 a year for a totally awesome powerlifting gym)
    Is that in cambridge? I'm going back there for the summer and need a decent (and preferably cheap) gym to go to while I'm there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtomtomtom)
    Is that in cambridge? I'm going back there for the summer and need a decent (and preferably cheap) gym to go to while I'm there.
    Yes, but it's a university owned facility so it's for staff and students only.

ReputationRep:
    Same im tryin to find some places to buy weights from for cheap cos its soo goddamn expensive

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.