Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon.

If someone you liked told you they liked you, but they weren't ready for a relationship because they were scared of hurting you, would you see that as something genuine or just a nice way of saying they're not interested?

ReputationRep:
    Probably the latter to be honest, it depends on the person, and who they are to you/how close you were before the potential relationship thing came about.

I got told that before, replied with 'I'm a big girl, I'm sure I can look after myself' and then got properly rejected :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Scared of hurting you?
    Maybe they think that you like them more than they like you, so what could seem like short term fun to them could potentially cause you a lot of hurt.

Guy or girl may i ask ?

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Probably the latter to be honest, it depends on the person, and who they are to you/how close you were before the potential relationship thing came about.
    We were seeing each other briefly. Everything was great and we had no problems. Just things moved a bit fast.

(Original post by steph_anie_x)
    Guy or girl may i ask ?
    He's the guy, I'm the girl.
    I'll admit it now before anyone says it, I was probably (and properly still am) more into him than he was with me. Which is never a good thing, I know. We still talk a lot though, which probably doesn't help with the over thinking of things. But we're still good, and we both said we don't want to just forget about that.

ReputationRep:
    It's a really lame cliché.

ReputationRep:
    I would assume that it prob means that they aren't interested in a realtionship and that could be in general or with you. Either way I would just move on, which I know is easy to say and hard to do, but you'll find someone soon who is ready for being in a realtionship with you

ReputationRep:
    Someone said the same thing to me not so long ago. I still haven't figured it out yet. But its best to move on and not dwell

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.