ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Hey! how you been?
    Hey not bad. How's it going ?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Unit F215 is :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Why would it be offensive surely muslim's like shooting islamic terrorist as much as us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    What was wrong with that post exactly? Or do you just want this thread to be a muslim circle jerk?
    All i wanted was a thread full of people with valid opinions backed up by valid reasoning. You have an opinion based on a load of nonsense reasoning mixed with propaganda. That is no good to me or anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Fascist? You openly admitted to being an Islamist, you hypocrite.
    Islamist= The Belief in Islamic law; of pan-Islamic political unity; and of the elimination of non-Muslim, particularly western, military, economic, political influences in the Muslim world.

You=

Give it 10 years and your new gripe will be the threat of third world immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    All i wanted was a thread full of people with valid opinions backed up by valid reasoning. You have an opinion based on a load of nonsense reasoning mixed with propaganda. That is no good to me or anyone else.
    I said that 'the majority of muslims are not terrorists'. I don't really see your problem there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I said that 'the majority of muslims are not terrorists'. I don't really see your problem there.
    kthanxbai.

(you may have noticed i have stopped giving you serious replies. This is because i don't feed trolls on principle.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not offended or shocked but tbh I'm a bit saddened knowing that I'll be judged due to the media for actions that I have no control over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    So why do you think some Muslims are terrorists?

ReputationRep:
    I'm Muslim and don't really care. You have to get used to it, it's so common now it doesn't even evoke a reaction anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard)
    Can of worms has been opened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweyn Forkbeard)
    Because of the way they interpret the scripture, unfortunately. It's not hard to interpret verses in the Qur'an in a way in which advocates the 'slaying' of the 'kuffar'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Because of the way they interpret the scripture, unfortunately. It's not hard to interpret verses in the Qur'an in a way in which advocates the 'slaying' of the 'kuffar'.
    Can you give some evidence of instances where terrorists have used the Qu'ran as the exclusive reason for their actions, and not simply to justify them on religious grounds in addition to other reasons?

I think you may find what Osama bin Laden said after 9/11 was quite different.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao At least you didnt complain about how dey took our jawbs!
    Dey took our JEERBS! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    It's just the new fad

Used to be German Nazis
    then Russian Communists
    now its Islamic terrorists

Tomorrow, it will be something/someone else.
    Dont forget Anti-british catholics and the IRA, we were always there :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't care, not offended...very apathetic to the whole situation.
    The suicide bombers and terrorists that claim to be Muslims are just extremists that have no idea what Islam really is. So naaaaaaaaaaah dont give a **** about how its being portrayed, as long as I know what my religion truly is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpsychedelic)
    Don't care, not offended...very apathetic to the whole situation.
    The suicide bombers and terrorists that claim to be Muslims are just extremists that have no idea what Islam really is. So naaaaaaaaaaah dont give a **** about how its being portrayed, as long as I know what my religion truly is
    A lot of muslims seem to agree with this position. Thanks for the input

ReputationRep:
    24 showed suicide bombers praying before heading out and bombers shouting ALLAH!!! before detonating themselves.

And theres the whole islamic terror theme in some games like COD.
    Suicide bombers only originate from certain parts of the Muslim community. No where else do suicide bombers occur.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare and the sequel follow the war on terror. The war on terror is the terrorists from those parts of Islam.

That's it. There's no big conspiracy nor is any one targeting Islam. This type of terrorist comes from some parts of Islam, but that's not to say all Islam produces these terrorists and I don't think this is widely believed (at least I hope it isn't ). There is no reason to get offended.

ReputationRep:
    It's not offensive that the media and western governments are 'out to get us,' it's actually kinda worrying. America basically created this environment post 9-11, when it launched its so called 'war on terror' which can be rephrased as 'war on Islam.' They used al-qaeda to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, and we all know what mess they've turned into now.

Many European governments use 'Islamic extremism' as an excuse to create new laws and so called anti-terror legislations, when in fact all it seems like they're doing is tightening up on muslims everywhere, for purposes only they know.

The media obviously doesn't help much with any of this, what with their constant portrayal of muslims as the 'bad guys', and their feeble attempts to objectively show what's going on in places like Palestine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Suicide bombers only originate from certain parts of the Muslim community. No where else do suicide bombers occur.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare and the sequel follow the war on terror. The war on terror is the terrorists from those parts of Islam.

That's it. There's no big conspiracy nor is any one targeting Islam. This type of terrorist comes from some parts of Islam, but that's not to say all Islam produces these terrorists and I don't think this is widely believed (at least I hope it isn't ). There is no reason to get offended.
    Fair point, but as the poster above said, the war on terror can easily be seen as the war on Islam. The whole idea is that often, Muslims seem to be "the bad guys". Regardless of whether they are extreemists or not, its still easy to misconstrue portraying religious extreemists as violent muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    It's not offensive that the media and western governments are 'out to get us,' it's actually kinda worrying. America basically created this environment post 9-11, when it launched its so called 'war on terror' which can be rephrased as 'war on Islam.' They used al-qaeda to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, and we all know what mess they've turned into now.

Many European governments use 'Islamic extremism' as an excuse to create new laws and so called anti-terror legislations, when in fact all it seems like they're doing is tightening up on muslims everywhere, for purposes only they know.

The media obviously doesn't help much with any of this, what with their constant portrayal of muslims as the 'bad guys', and their feeble attempts to objectively show what's going on in places like Palestine.
    You cannot say Islam doesn't encourage terrorists in some cases, can you? It is true the majority of Muslims pose no threat to the western world however some do and those that do cause 9/11 and 7/7. I think this is the reason Islam is deemed a threat. Also, you don't see the Jews ever attacking Germany despite the holocaust yet you see Islamic terrorists taking and ruining tens of thousands of lives for no apparent reason. Again, no one believes Islam is bad but it can be said Islam is a dangerous religion due to the easy manipulation by these extremists.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.