Turn on thread page Beta

Maybe use this as an incentive to lose some weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimcatinnes)

Now I'm just going to be like Elliot from scrubs and I'm going to sneeze blood down them all. LOL
    wierdo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vas876)
    Well groomed, does not necessarily mean clean shaved and shorter hair.
    Many an old-school consultant would beg to differ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WEB)
    wierdo
    In Elliot's interview for Harvard she had a nose bleed and then sneezed on the admissions tutors, so it was kinda relevant.

I'm not saying I'm not weird though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimcatinnes)
    Well basically I'm overweight, and I have an interview of medicine at kings and I feel for lack of a better word guilty that I have applied for a course that means i have dedicated my life to making people healthy but how can i do that when i cant even keep my own body in tact?

And I'm convinced this is what my interviewers are going to think the minute they see me.

I'm not asking for comfort, Im asking for straight up facts on whether my physical (not clothes and that because I will be smartly dressed for the interview) appearance make a difference on whether i get in or not.

Thanks
    James
    I'm sure there are plenty of overweight doctors out there. Not to mention it is something so trivial I doubt they really give two *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Black is the most slimming colour there is.

OP, it doesn't matter.
    ahhh, not at the shoulders, macca.

chubbit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Reading your moonspeak is such a chore that I just tend to skip your posts all together.
    as you so did just then, macca. ahhh, nice one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    ahhh, not at the shoulders, macca.

chubbit!
    When you're fat, it's not really the shoulders which should concern you, rather it's that ever-expanding waistline, and there, black does the best job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Reading your moonspeak is such a chore that I just tend to skip your posts all together.
    LOL i would rep you if i could :rofl:
    reminds me of this post i will never forget, sums him up in one
    (Original post by terpineol)
    As much as I may joke about it, I do love Gizmo's input to things on here. I just have a strange image of some cross between oliver and a welsh mining village when I read them.
    this terpineol guy produces comedy gold
    (Original post by terpineol)
    I think we all found it difficult waiting for responses (except gizmo, he was too busy looking for his next meal)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    When you're fat, it's not really the shoulders which should concern you, rather it's that ever-expanding waistline, and there, black does the best job.
    I think it is different for women and men. While no man would care if he gained some chest deph and width, he would care if he got a gut, whereas no woman would want to walk around with massively broad and fat shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    does depend on your him or her, macca.

and credit to Jordan Carroll for wishing to rep a paradoxical post. but like voting blindly for a nonsensical politician.

ReputationRep:
    you need to find out what your uni wants from you. if they want science splurge and you pretending to know the latest medical developments then wear the appropriate slick suit. if by getting your interview, the school lets you know your good enough to get in and they are now looking for personality types, then let them know it and wear appropriate clothes. thats what i did (although i was extremelly sure that the university was very interested in wanting to get to know the applicants personality) - i went in black jeans and a blue jumper. the interviewers loved me

BUT, all my medic friends cant believe i did that..soo..you might wanna re-think lol

ReputationRep:
    lool

ReputationRep:
    does depend on your him or her, macca.

and credit to Jordan Carroll for wishing to rep a paradoxical post. but like voting blindly for a nonsensical politician.
    I see no paradox in that post whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    replying to my posts when he doesnt read them makes good sense to you. thats nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    replying to my posts when he doesnt read them makes good sense to you. thats nice to know.
    A paradox is a set of statements leading to a direct contradiction. Considering firstly that he only put that he tends to skip your posts, and secondly that he was referring to your general style as opposed to any specific content, I fail to see how that can possibly be described as a paradox.

ReputationRep:
    he was replying to my post that he ignores my posts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.