Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sleeping alone or together watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Seperate beds for me. I like to indulge in long pre-sleep thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    awww poor you
    *huffs*

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...

ReputationRep:
    i sleep better alone since im at uni and have a single bed, however id sleep better with my gf in a double bed cus i need my space to streach out in the night. im 6"4 fitting length ways is the bed is hard enough let alone stretching and accidently kicking ur misses out of he bed. Who needs an alarm clock when you can just do that and get screemed at in the morning. save the ££

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Seperate beds for me. I like to indulge in long pre-sleep thoughts.
    why does sharing a bed stop you doing that?

i personally like to have deep chats with my partner (when i have one) as we're both falling asleep, its when all the important/interesting stuff gets discussed

ReputationRep:
    Alone. Together is too warm and cramped.

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. Well i've never slept with a bf so i dont know But i think i'd prefer that if we were on a big king sized bed!!

ReputationRep:
    I "sprawl" so much that my boyfriend is often whacked in the face at night or is gradually pushed out of bed. He often wakes me up, to move me back over :laugh:

I find it so much easier to sleep alone!

ReputationRep:
    why does sharing a bed stop you doing that?
    I prefer a quiet and undisturbed environment to contemplate, particularly considering the size of a bed, double even.

ReputationRep:
    i need a big big bed....don't really fit in normal beds

ReputationRep:
    I need to sleep alone, because I find it quite difficult to get to sleep, and it's quite boring just lying there doing nothing, so I need to get up every so often and use the computer (like I am now), or get a snack, or something like that. If there was someone in my room, I'd be too afraid of waking them up. Plus, I'm used to sleeping on a double bed, but if there was someone with me, I'd basically be sleeping on a single bed, because they'd be taking up half. So I wouldn't have enough space to sprawl out etc.

When I get married I'm having my own bedroom :p:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer sleeping with someone else, I feel safer. I have a bad habit of stealing the cover though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum wasn't sure whether to put it in H&R or GD. Just out of interest do you find it easier to sleep alone or with somebody else? I find it really difficult to sleep alone, i haven't always had this, obviously when i was little i hadn't really experienced sleeping with somebody else, it wasn't a problem, but since i regularly slept with my boyfriend while at uni. I've found i find it really hard to sleep when i'm alone, even if i'm just in single bed where there is definitely no room to fit anyone else in the bed, but in double bed it's even worse, cos i'm not one of those people who will take advantage of having the whole bed to myself i will still stick to my side and it will feel huge and cold and empty. Its a problem right now cos i have finished uni now and have moved back in with my parents, my boyfriend is a hundred miles away and even if he comes up regularly we are not allowed to sleep together.
    I find it easier to sleep with someone else, hence why im on here at 4 in the morn!!! but havent had that someone for almost a year now..

ReputationRep:
    I've got used to sleeping together.
    Although I'm always the one sleeping on the outer side of the bed when we push the bed to one side of the wall so one of us won't fall off of the single bed XD

But I always steal the duvet... :3

ReputationRep:
    I love sharing a bed with my bf, although he does always moan that I steal the covers and push right into him so that he ends up right against the wall. And his wall is right under the window and freezing...so poor him. But I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    Think i fidget too much tbh

ReputationRep:
    I could sleep on a washing line if you asked me too. =]
    I can sleep with people in a single bed (you get used to it at uni) but i can always sleep on my own in a double bed.
    Apparently i seem to have a subconscious issue where i can spend all day in a double bed jjust chilling out, but i can other beds that are: nore simple, comfier and one hell of a lot nicer to be in.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer sleeping with my bf, but I am totally not used to it! Doesn't help that a) he snores, loudly and b) we both figit in bed so it gets mega hot! But hey ho, it's nice snuggling up and falling asleep together

ReputationRep:
    i personally like to have deep chats with my partner (when i have one) as we're both falling asleep, its when all the important/interesting stuff gets discussed
    Me too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I find it fine sleeping alone.

ReputationRep:
    I sleep with my pillow - hug it tight all the time never had issues with it either! I kick it out of bed it does not scream or push me so I am very lucky

I don't know - because I have not experienced it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.