Turn on thread page Beta

[Curly haired girls] How do you make your hair wavy? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have really curly hair, like wrinklets. Im wondering if anyone has some tips on how to get it wavy, so not straight but not curly, because when I try it just looks like a mess!

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    have you tried putting it in plaits when you go to bed?
    thats what i have to do, i have proper wringlets :P

try to avoid having it cut short, the longer it is, the heavier and so its more weighed down

ReputationRep:
    For waves I always run my straighteners over my curls, not on the top heat, for quite a while, and then run serum through my hair, that gives me waves I have natural ringlets too.

ReputationRep:
    What I do is wash mine every night and then plait it straight away - I have almost bra-strap long hair, and I do three plaits - one at each side and one at the back. It works for me.

ReputationRep:
    I plait mine after i wash it before i go to bed because if i go to bed with hair down wet it goes mad lol. it usually goes nice wavy if i do this :P my hair is naturally curly but dont have time to let it dry naturally because I have very early outdoor job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rowy)
    I plait mine after i wash it before i go to bed because if i go to bed with hair down wet it goes mad lol.
    aha mine doess that :P almost looks like an afro in the morning if i leave it down and wet when i go to bed :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    aha mine doess that :P almost looks like an afro in the morning if i leave it down and wet when i go to bed :P
    its so annoying lol! and even straightening some of the werid sticky out bits doesn't work :P

ReputationRep:
    aha if i straighten it, it just goes wavy the moment i step outside, :P

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.