Turn on thread page Beta

Where do you keep your makeup? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered where everyone keeps their makeup. I don't have dressing table i just have mirror on top of my chest of drawers, I keep my brushes in a disney Cinderella mug that i got one christmas, i keep my make up in what i assume was originally sold as desk tidy, but its almost over flowing so was looking of new storage ideas. My best friend keeps her huge makeup collection in various bags and pouches and her regular stuff in old pretty patterned gift boxes. How do you store yours and do you have lot or a little?

ReputationRep:
    I have a total of 18 draws in my room and it's randomly spread out in all of them. Really, I found concealer in my sock draw yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I have a box a bit like this:
    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uima...ecorate-01.jpg

Two of the drawers have make up in, one is nice make up, the other is makeup I don't really like or isn't very good quality.

The make up I use most often i.e. mascara and eyeliner is just in a pot on my desk along with bobby pins, tweezers, nail file etc.
    I can't say I have much make up really.

ReputationRep:
    I have one make up bag, i only have the essentials because that's all i use; foundation and the little sponge i use to put it on with, eye liner, mascara, a couple of lip glosses, a few different eye shadows, some bronzer, nail scissors and tweezers. That's about it.

I also have another larger bag that has toiletries in it but that usually only gets used if i'm staying somewhere over night. That has a few hair bands, cotton buds, spare toothbrush and toothpaste, paracetamol, deep heat cream, bongela, blistex, some plasters, soap in a soap box and i usually shove my perfume, deodorant and stuff like that into it when i'm staying out.

I've never understood people who have boxes and boxes of make up, it's usually past its best when it's between six months and a year old anyway so not worth keeping after that, especially mascara as it gets really clumpy when it gets old. I don't wear a huge amount of make up and keep it quite natural.

ReputationRep:
    Well for me, 'make-up' = stick of lipgloss and I keep it in whichever bag I used last time I went out.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to purchase a real make-up case like this one day, but at the moment it's way out of my budget.

ReputationRep:
    I have a small dressing table in the corner of my room, it's were I use my hairdryer/makeup and keep my jewelry

ReputationRep:
    Well, i have two baskets and 5 bags ( approx. 9x18x5) holding all my make ups....plus nail polish/./////// lol

ReputationRep:
    I keep my make-up that I use often in a wee small make-up bag and my other make-up in a bigger case. I wish I had a proper case to put it in though...

ReputationRep:
    Spain

ReputationRep:
    Wales

ReputationRep:
    i have a dressing table next to my bed!

ReputationRep:
    In a little bag i got given. I've only got a few things though... me wearing makeup is a rare thing!

ReputationRep:
    I just have a make-up bag with the stuff I always wear - foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip balm. Then I have a box of other random stuff that I never use, and a box for moisturiser and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    I have a big make up bag that I keep my make up in then I keep my brushes in the cylinder container they came in.

I would love to get a huge make up case someday.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    A make-up bag I got free when purchasing Estee Lauder cosmetics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Just wondered where everyone keeps their makeup. I don't have dressing table i just have mirror on top of my chest of drawers, I keep my brushes in a disney Cinderella mug that i got one christmas, i keep my make up in what i assume was originally sold as desk tidy, but its almost over flowing so was looking of new storage ideas. My best friend keeps her huge makeup collection in various bags and pouches and her regular stuff in old pretty patterned gift boxes. How do you store yours and do you have lot or a little?
    i have a lot so i split mine up into mini make up bags e.g. on pouch contains eyeliners the other has lippy another has eyeshadow etc.

ReputationRep:
    I keep my makeup all together in one large drawer. It's all in little holders and all the same products are arranged together - quite sad really! I have a ton of makeup, I don't wear an excessive amount - I just can't stop buying it.

I have other drawers where I keep other hair products and nail varnishes etc.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    In clear plastic bags in a lined drawer (Want to keep the drawer clean :p: ), and anything I might take out on a regular basis in a make-up bag in my bag :yep:

ReputationRep:
    In my bathroom in the cupboard under the sink. Sometimes just in my make-up bag in my bathroom and then I take this make-up bag out with me when I go to school/into town, etc.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.