Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Dynamitri)
    Can't you just ban the Oxbridge College IP/host range and effectively exclude him from visiting your blog?

I know that it might be just a partial solution, but that would at least make it harder for him and there's a chance he'll just get bored with having to make additional effort.
    Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that!
    You've said that you know his IP address - try copy/pasting it to www.ripe.net, there's a chance it would give an IP range used by that educational facility in return, along with host information. Then, your blogging engine should have an option of banning certain IP addresses from accessing your blog - somewhere in the privacy settings, or something.

(Original post by Dynamitri)
    You've said that you know his IP address - try copy/pasting it to www.ripe.net, there's a chance it would give an IP range used by that educational facility in return, along with host information. Then, your blogging engine should have an option of banning certain IP addresses from accessing your blog - somewhere in the privacy settings, or something.
    Unfortunately, Livejournal doesn't allow IP banning
    I'm tempted to switch to Blogger soon though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley89)
    Wowwowowow someones reading stuff you put on the internet?

HOLD THE PHONE, SOME ONE CALL THE COPS.
    very funnys:lol:

ReputationRep:

I've been blogging since, and he's somehow got hold of this address too. I track all my blog visitors with Statcounter, just out of curiosity.
    you stalk visitors to your blog...imo you are the creep

(Original post by WEB)
    you stalk visitors to your blog...imo you are the creep
    I had a real life stalker, whom I've had a restraining order taken out against. It was put on my blog to protect me. This other guy has started obsessing over me, and with my history of attracting freaks who follow men - it's no wonder I'm a little on edga about it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just write something like
    "There's this stupid infantile idiot stalking me on here, so I've got my new bodybuilder girlfriend to go and have words with him..."

ReputationRep:
    Hi - this is a very long story...

Basically, last year; I went out for coffee a couple of times with this guy I met at my church. We got on really well at first, and he went back to Uni (I was in Year 13 at that point). He flirted with me the whole time, and looked down my top etc (men :rolleyes: ) s I admitted to him, that I quite fancied him; and he basically told me it wouldn't work and rejected me. Being female, I cried a lot on my best friend and she told me to "write it out" (my feelings for him) on a blog to get over it. It helped, massively. Somehow, even though the blog was anonymous; the guy got hold of my blog address and came home and ranted at me, calling me psycho (I'm not, I suffer from depression and rejection in the way he dealt it, hit me hard). We basically ended up deleting each other from Facebook and not speaking for the best part of a year.

I've been blogging since, and he's somehow got hold of this address too. I track all my blog visitors with Statcounter, just out of curiosity. In September, I see a repeat visitor from his University accessing my blog. I contact him, and ask him whether he's reading my blog and he admits that it is him (it's an Oxbridge College IP, and he's the only person I know who goes there... the blog link was on my facebook, but I presume he got it from someone else).

Recently, he's started obsessively following my writing. He's checking up on me four or five times a day, but never comments. I asked him why and basically he said "I just want to see if you write about me" and inferred he got a thrill from it. I also said that "It's all self absorbed twaddle" and he agreed with me, yet still keeps obsessing over me?

Now, my style of writing is fully inclusive of all aspects of my life: like a journal. I'm quite a sexual person, so I do mention sex quite a bit. Obviously he's been reading so much, he will have read these posts.

I don't want to stop blogging, but he's being so voyeuristic and creepy now; that I'm becoming intimidated. I've sent numerous emails asking why he keeps reading, when there's nothing about him on there and yet he persists logging on. He won't reply to my emails, and I have no idea what to do or to think. He apparently has a girlfriend, but I doubt she knows about his obsessive viewing habits.

Why is he following me so closely?
    What can I do?
    Does he fancy me or something?

I could understand him checking once a week or something, I wouldn't mind that - but this is four or five times a day and I hold proof of this and that it is definitely him!

It's creepy and stressing me out.
    There's a really simple answer to this. Delete the current blog, copy everything over to a new blog and continue there. Don't put the link to the blog on Facebook and don't disclose it to anyone who you might think might give it to him. Continue as normal. Easy.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. If anything, I was complimentary. I just blogged about how I felt as a result of the rejection.
    Well why do you blog on the internet on a public blog? I mean you are almost asking for it. no offence but putting the link on your facebook wasn't the smartest thing to do. Anyone can make a FB account and just pretend to be someone else or something. Why don't you just write on your computer in Word. Maybe it's just because i'm a guy but I really don't understand why someone would literally keep a public diary? You make yourself very vulnerable that way!

ReputationRep:
    This guy sounds a bit twisted. A church-going man who looks down people's tops and views your blog several times a day? Hmm... So he told you he wasn't interested and yet now checks out your blog regularly, even though he knows it bothers you? Not a good sign. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some kind of thrill out of knowing he hurt you and is enjoying your reaction. If it was me, I would delete the blog if possible, stop writing it and stop giving him any way of finding out what is going on in your life. If you feel you have to have some kind of outlet for your feelings, go somewhere else and use an alias. Telling him that you feel uncomfortable about the attention is only going to encourage him.

(Original post by Pop_tart)
    Well why do you blog on the internet on a public blog? I mean you are almost asking for it. no offence but putting the link on your facebook wasn't the smartest thing to do. Anyone can make a FB account and just pretend to be someone else or something. Why don't you just write on your computer in Word. Maybe it's just because i'm a guy but I really don't understand why someone would literally keep a public diary? You make yourself very vulnerable that way!
    I only have close friends added onto my Facebook - I don't add people I'm not close to, which has led me to suspect he's got the address from somewhere other than there. He hasn't been on my friends list for months!

ReputationRep:
    I only have close friends added onto my Facebook - I don't add people I'm not close to, which has led me to suspect he's got the address from somewhere other than there. He hasn't been on my friends list for months!
    That is quite strange! if they really are close friends that I highly doubt that they would give him the link. Are you using the same sort of blog or a complete different blog website? Are you using certain names a lot or some words that would make it easier for him to google you? He doesn't have acces to your Facebook by any change?

(Original post by Aelred)
    This guy sounds a bit twisted. A church-going man who looks down people's tops and views your blog several times a day? Hmm... So he told you he wasn't interested and yet now checks out your blog regularly? Not a good sign. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some kind of thrill out of knowing he hurt you and is enjoying your reaction. If it was me, I would delete the blog if possible, stop writing it and stop giving him any way of finding out what is going on in your life. If you feel you have to have some kind of outlet for your feelings, go somewhere else and use an alias. Telling him that you feel uncomfortable about the attention is only going to encourage him.
    I know his ex reasonably well, and I've found out he's also doing pretty much the same thing to her... .

(Original post by Pop_tart)
    That is quite strange! if they really are close friends that I highly doubt that they would give him the link. Are you using the same sort of blog or a complete different blog website? Are you using certain names a lot or some words that would make it easier for him to google you? He doesn't have acces to your Facebook by any change?
    I don't believe any of my friends would give him the address, knowing how he treated me. I've changed blog clients from Live Spaces to LJ too. He's got to me through my username I think, which I really don't want to alter as it's pretty original and used by friends to find me.

He can't find me on facebook, because I'm excluded from searches and I display no info/photos etc to people I dont have added.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talveer)
    Just post a pic of your breasts on there and be done with it.

Post one here too in case he is reading this as well.

haha this guy knows whats up

(Original post by olithet)
    haha this guy knows whats up
    Unless you have constructive advice, go away.

ReputationRep:
    Keeping track of all visitors, you even realised a repetitive IP? You're the creepy one. And you talk about sex on your blog, too.

Perhaps he just finds your blog interesting, or he is afraid you might write something about him again. Hey, you have curiousity, right? He might have it too - when someone says something about you, you'd want to know, right?

I'd say, stop keeping track of your visitors, for the hell of it, you're paranoid. Imagine receiving tons of emails after simply visiting a blog - I repeat, you are the creepy one.

ReputationRep:
    He's got to me through my username I think, which I really don't want to alter as it's pretty original and used by friends to find me.
    It is very likely that he found you through that! It's going to make no difference if you keep on using the exact same username. You only need to type the username into google and all your blogs will show up. I highly recommend you to change blog again and change your username otherwise he will keep on following you!

ReputationRep:
    So you write about your personal life and publish it on the internet, where anyone can access it, and then find it creepy that people are reading it?

luls.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Link us to the blog so we can help better :ninja:

<3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.