Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel AS Chemistry Unit 3 alternative to practical? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am taking a gap year this year however want to sit my unit 3 again however as an external student. Sadly the cost for me to enroll and do it is no less than £300 which is just too steep and can't afford it.

I'm aware that there is an alternative to doing the unit 3 practical which is a paper however I just wanted to know if it's only for international students? I would rather just sit another exam and not pay that silly amount of money to sit a practical.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    It is forbidden for ANY school/center in the UK to offer this written practical paper. The only way to sit it is overseas. It is mentioned in the syllabus as being forbidden for any school to offer this in the UK. A very sad day for private candidates – on the old syllabus it was possible to pay 75pounds and take the 1.5hr practical (although you have to pay for the written half too). There are centers that will allow candidates to take the new style practical, it takes a few days and cost about 320pounds (then 55pounds per written module, of which there are 2 if you need to redo them) – total cost over 400pound for the AS (800 for the whole A level)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the help, sad news though to say the least. Do you have a list of centres which allow for the practicles to be sat externally?

ReputationRep:
    Well it would depend where u live.

If you live near london then

http://www.campbellharris.co.uk/

no fuss at all with these guy - all they ask is for your money!

There might be cheaper places, but it's hard to find a place that will let anyone off the streets to come in and sit a practical. Oh and they are offering this to private candidates during the easter hols.

ReputationRep:
    THE PRINCIPAL

CAMPBELL HARRIS TUTORS

185 KENSINGTON HIGH STREET

LONDON

W8 6SH www.campbellharris.com

THE PRINCIPAL

DUFF MILLER COLLEGE

59 QUEEN'S GATE

LONDON

SW7 5JP www.duffmiller.com

EXAMINATIONS MANAGER

DAVID GAME COLLEGE

DAVID GAME HOUSE

69 NOTTING HILL GATE

LONDON

W11 3JS www.davidgame-group.com

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.