Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "Average" Penis Size - Is It All Just B.S? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I asked that right. I think its all B.S from top to bottom. For example, the average penis size in the U.K is supposedly to be 5 inches. But how accurate is this? Here's why I ask:

1) Only 50,000 men where interviewed.
    2) There are over 30,000,000 (million) men in the U.K alone. Making that around 15% of the male population.

Is it not likely the people that took the test had small penises and wanted to see if there penis size was average, making the results look smaller. I mean, if you had a larger penis, you wouldn't even care right? So in my opinion, most of the people that took the test actually had small penises, which gave the so called national "average" as 5 inches.

Anyone else agree with me?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    Aye aye, failed123994214215 is right, who cares? anyway apparently the japanese average is 5.1-5.3 inches.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, where was this study done, by who and description of how people were selected?

50,000 is a very large number of people, so if it was done correctly would be pretty representative (but without more information impossible to say...)

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Err, it depends on how that data were acquired? If it's a self-selecting poll, you might have a point despite the rather large sample size of 50,000 people (though it's well known that men tend to exaggerate the size of their penis when asked). If it were independently surveyed, 50,000 is a huge sample size provided that the sampling was fair.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about size.Size desnt matters.Its your stemina that matters.

ReputationRep:
    It's just as likely people with bigger penises would take the test to see how bigger they are compared to the average (an ego boost). So you are wrong OP.

And the average is 5.5 to 6 btw.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you want the whole world population to be surveyed? Dumb thread to be honest :p:

ReputationRep:
    op... you mad
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Just checked wikipedia and such and seems the average according to various studies is 5 - 5.9 ish. So we can assume the average is 5.5 (length). Quite comforting.

Ultimately though noone cares. Any girl that would care that you don't have a huge willy is not worth talking to lol.

I think there have been numerous polls on tsr, annonymous so probabaly honest, which you could find with the search function.

<3
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    And also -

1) (Remember a comedian saying this) - 'Mine may be small but it goes like a sewing machine'
    2) (another one said this) - 'it's not about haveing a big ****, it's about having 20 stone to ram it in with'.

Not my jokes btw - disclaimer =D

<3

ReputationRep:
    why do u care that much about the average size
    if you are a guy,whould the idea of the average being smaller than it should be is good because then u will be above avergae?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)
    1) Only 50,000 men where interviewed.
    2) There are over 30,000,000 (million) men in the U.K alone. Making that around 15% of the male population.
    Math fail

4,500,000 = 15%

ReputationRep:
    for the people who watched embarrassing bodies the other night.
    was it just me or did that horse shoe guy's penis look quite small even before surgery?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my word, i'm glad i don't have a small willy ROFL !!

ReputationRep:
    5.5?? are you kidding me??
    i have an 8 inch penis..i thought that was normal...
    maybe they had many Chinese dudes in the survey!!!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Erm, where was this study done, by who and description of how people were selected?

50,000 is a very large number of people, so if it was done correctly would be pretty representative (but without more information impossible to say...)
    finally a real life instance where Clin Epi is actually important to life. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    finally a real life instance where Clin Epi is actually important to life. :/
    :rofl:

I love epidemiology <3
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :rofl:

I love epidemiology <3
    :lolwat: I don't!! lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.