Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "Average" Penis Size - Is It All Just B.S? watch

ReputationRep:
    As long as the survey included it's confidence intervals, it's all fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)
    Yes, I asked that right. I think its all B.S from top to bottom. For example, the average penis size in the U.K is supposedly to be 5 inches. But how accurate is this? Here's why I ask:

1) Only 50,000 men where interviewed.
    2) There are over 30,000,000 (million) men in the U.K alone. Making that around 15% of the male population.

Is it not likely the people that took the test had small penises and wanted to see if there penis size was average, making the results look smaller. I mean, if you had a larger penis, you wouldn't even care right? So in my opinion, mainly because I have a tiny penis, most of the people that took the test actually had small penises, which gave the so called national "average" as 5 inches.

Anyone else agree with me?
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It is BS, the average size is 7".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrvn)

Anyone else agree with me?
    No.

Your knowledge of statistical methods and analysis is seriously lacking. 50,000 men is a large enough sample to produce statistical differences and norms. Im sure scientists conducted a random study to ensure they took a representative sample of the population. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If it was calculated correctly, there would have been the remaining number of males accounted for statistically in the method they chose to find the average. /nerd

It's never going to be a true average though. And don't men usually overstate their penis size anyway?

They should have actually measured them all. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There have been countless surveys done, and the average always falls between 5 and 6 inches. Considering this, I feel it is fair to assume that the vast majority of men fall within 5 to 6 inches. I've always thought many people who would agree to such tests would be people who felt comfortable with their size.

ReputationRep:
    I always though that size didn't matter much, it was how you used it

ReputationRep:
    Well duh! I wasn't talking about sex was I? You guys are so typical :rolleyes: I was just expressing my feelings on some so called surveys which just don't seem right.

e.g, they don't put what sizes they found the most and what they found the least, they don't make a chart of all the penis sizes (rounding downwards to the nearest CM perhaps?) so we can take a look at how many people ranged from what to what.

Mine is 7"x5" so I'm pretty happy. although I "personally" would have been happy with 8x6. (just 1 more inch would have done it all around. I hate myself )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Aren't you the dude who ran into a wall with a boner and broke his nose?
    Unfortunately not...I thought an 8 inch penis was pretty normal...
    i am hoping it grows a few more inches before i am 20!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Massive, ego is massive
    well,i thought it was pretty normal to have an 8 inch penis..i guess it isnt..
    well too bad..

ReputationRep:
    cant be arsed to read all the replies but 50k is not 15% of 30mil....its about 0.16% i think?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.