Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I recently received an email telling me I have an interview at napier to study Film and Photography. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who has already had an interview for this course and can tell me what sort of things they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    Mate im a film student not on that course though - best thing to do is take examples of film scripts, storyboards, photographs in a portfolio and also a bonus is having a showreel of films you've made (however if you are to make a showreel, try keep it to a make length of 2 minutes)

Dont use anything you haven't done yoursef, Goodluck

Edit: a key tip in your interview is to big yourself up, say all the experience youve got. You are more likely to be taken in you say you have lighting experience, camera experience, experience in film eg: 8mm or 16mm film. Just say anything and everything that you've done or can kind of relate to your photography and filmmaking skills. Also a goal is of where you want to be after your degree is important to mention!

If you can get some work experience as a runner before your interview then you can talk about that and you'll have a dead cert pass into napier.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I got an email from them saying I have to send them a portfolio, an essay and do a short project before I get an interview, have you already done this or are they not asking it from everyone?

ReputationRep:
    They ask you about your experience the work you have done etc. It wasnt too hard going, bring a portfolio or showreel and at least appear to know what your talking about.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Edinburgh Napier University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.