Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

To stay brunette or go blonde again? Pics watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Blonde or Brunette?
    Blonde
    58.25%
    Brunette
    41.75%

ReputationRep:
    Hiii

So basically, I used to be blonde, but ended up going back to my natural colour for a change. I've had more or less every colour you can imagine at some point, and since going brunette I've got a bit bored. I did get red highlights but they seemed to fade so quickly, so I'm basically back to just brunette again. So, I'm wondering whether to stay brunette or go back to blonde, I honestly don't know which I prefer and the people I ask always give me differing opinions and it's more or less 50/50. If anyone would be kind enough to give me their opinion it would be greatly appreciated. And apologies for looking like a complete poser in both pictures and for the scraggy hair in the blonde one :]

Thanks in advance.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I personally prefer blonde hair on you

ReputationRep:
    Brunette, but cant judge well with pictures. Go with what your friends say.

ReputationRep:
    Blonde! I used to have natural blonde hair, then died it brown and its never gone back how i miss it Also as we are nearing spring/summer, it will be a nice summery shade

ReputationRep:
    blonde. I don't think you really suit brunette to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Blonde looks nice but I think brunette suits you more.

ReputationRep:
    I always get a mix of answers, I'm just sort of indifferent as to what I want. The only thing is that the blonde does damage to my hair, and I have to get it done often because of dark roots. But I don't know if the brown hair is a bit dull.

Suppose I could be blonde for summer then brunnette for winter lol.

ReputationRep:
    Brunette looks better

ReputationRep:
    Make a poll :yep:

I prefer blonde hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_j90)
    I always get a mix of answers, I'm just sort of indifferent as to what I want. The only thing is that the blonde does damage to my hair, and I have to get it done often because of dark roots. But I don't know if the brown hair is a bit dull.

Not a bad idea. I think you do look good brunette though.

ReputationRep:
    i think you look cute as a brunette and hot as a blonde, so depends how you want to portray yourself
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I usually dislike blonde hair but you look cute with it ^^

lol

<3

ReputationRep:
    i sway more towards brunettes but in your case i deffo would go with the blondie

ReputationRep:
    Blonde picture is nice :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I think you really suit blonde hair.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever your natural colour is will look best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    i think you look cute as a brunette and hot as a blonde, so depends how you want to portray yourself
    ^ This.

ReputationRep:
    Blonde looks really pretty, but that may be because i prefer the haircut there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura_j90)

I know what you mean about brown hair feeling dull! I was exactly the same as you, natural brunette but went blonde for years and then finally went back to brown.

Personally, since your eyebrows scream brown, I think you should steer away from all over blonde. I just hate the mismatch, and it might be a personal opinion which nobody else cares about but hey, you asked

Have you ever tried a really drark brown? It's so much better than regular brown, doesn't feel dull... if that makes sense? Or try a really colourful brown. I don't mean one that's verging on red but just a really rich brown, as far away from medium as you can get. Or perhaps you could compromise and go for a really light brown, something that sits just more towards brown than blonde? You could have brown hair and have flashes of bonde put through... although this is a bit '10 years ago' But definitely experiment

Do you have a friend who is a good hairdresser? (Not training or scared of voicing her opinion ) My friend is an awesome stylist and whenever I want a change I go to her and she decides. She knows me really well so knows what has and hasn't worked in the past and also has a good idea of what I like so I always end up coming out really different... but it always suits me.

Good luck and have fun whatever you do!

ReputationRep:
    Blonde is nice, I prefer the brunette

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.