Turn on thread page Beta

Is it time for zero net immigration? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    I'm not talking about white or black people, I am black yet favour reduced migrationary levels on the grounds of overcrowding, community cohesion, housing, environmental impacts and so forth. The invasion, exploration argument is a straw man, when are people going to move on from the past and enter the present, the main invasion period happened more than one hundred years ago for goodness sake....do we demand reperations from the Italians, or apologies from the Danes for taking Celtic women as slaves next?
    I'm sure all those poor, ignorant fools who live in big cities where they can have all sorts of ameneties are just gagging to be in some less crowded place where there are less of the ameneties like cinemas and big shops that they like.

Why are people who complain about overcrowding never actually ask city dwellers if they like living in an urban enviroment? I bet they would say they like having easy access to lots of pubs, clubs and resturants, shops and transport links. If there were less people, there will be less customers and fewer pubs, clubs and resturants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Because quality of life in the Netherlands is so bad?
    :dontknow: I haven't a clue, I know that they have some social problems regards mass-immigration, unemployment...generally people prefer less crowded countries. According to these articles.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/27/in...e/27dutch.html
    http://reason.com/blog/2005/05/09/a-dutch-exodus

emigration is quite high, but I have never visted the place so I can't really say.

ReputationRep:
    Well actually thanks to the EU we do
    Let me rephrase that! Do they owe us something because they once conquered us? Of course they don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meebodied)
    Ethnic stereotyping! :rofl: Just kidding
    Nah it is ethnic stereotyping but they were

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: I haven't a clue, I know that they have some social problems regards mass-immigration, unemployment...generally people prefer less crowded countries. According to these articles.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/27/in...e/27dutch.html
    http://reason.com/blog/2005/05/09/a-dutch-exodus

emigration is quite high, but I have never visted the place so I can't really say.
    Every person in the Netherlands say they will kill themselves so they can make room for other people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    The majority of Poles didn't settle here, they moved here for economic reasons why do you think they wouldn't move again?

Nah, I'm fine getting London pay but in the North West
    Actually thats a lie, I can't wait to move to London...
    Most immigrants are economic immigrants. Manchester North-West has loads of Poles

ReputationRep:
    Most immigrants are economic immigrants. Manchester North-West has loads of Poles
    Yeah I know, just the Poles never had that much of an intention to settle here.

OK, I don't notice them like I did in Huntingdon Cambridgeshire (I'm comparing the same library though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Yeah I know, just the Poles never had that much of an intention to settle here.

OK, I don't notice them like I did in Huntingdon Cambridgeshire (I'm comparing the same library though).
    They are a pretty even spread. Some of them went to the small towns and villages, which is really odd considering they are immigrants. Most Pakistanis will move to a Little Pakistan and rarely venture beyond their own area and the city centre

ReputationRep:
    They are a pretty even spread. Some of them went to the small towns and villages, which is really odd considering they are immigrants. Most Pakistanis will move to a Little Pakistan and rarely venture beyond their own area and the city centre
    I don't care, not sure why you're telling me this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I don't care, not sure why you're telling me this.
    :lolwut: calm down

ReputationRep:
    The way this debate has gone is just plain silly now. Surely with the unnatural scale of immigration and demographic change that has occurred, the burden is on whoever says we should have more immigration...

Because English people have long ago stopped buying the "enrichment" and "diversity" arguments, as they have seen what they amount to in practise.

Or is it simply that we have to take more in because if we don't we are "racists"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    The way this debate has gone is just plain silly now. Surely with the unnatural scale of immigration and demographic change that has occurred, the burden is on whoever says we should have more immigration...

Because English people have long ago stopped buying the "enrichment" and "diversity" arguments, as they have seen what they amount to in practise.

Or is it simply that we have to take more in because if we don't we are "racists"?
    The ministers in parliament will keep making official statements and asking for an open debate, but they won't actually DO anything

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: calm down
    I wasn't angry, just a little confused.

ReputationRep:
    The ministers in parliament will keep making official statements and asking for an open debate, but they won't actually DO anything
    Of course not, they are anti English and anti England... just as Norman Tebbit says, and he should know!

Our government are fundamentally self loathing and anti English... they wanted to "rub the rights nose in diversity". Which amounts to them not actually liking or having any loyalty or patriotism towards the people they supposedly represent - they would much rather replace them with foreigners who will keep voting them in.

ReputationRep:
    Errrrr.... no. The burden of proof is on whoever wants to change the current rules.

Nice try at trying to flip it round but no.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not, they are anti English and anti England... just as Norman Tebbit says, and he should know!

Our government are fundamentally self loathing and anti English... they wanted to "rub the rights nose in diversity". Which amounts to them not actually liking or having any loyalty or patriotism towards the people they supposedly represent - they would much rather replace them with foreigners who will keep voting them in.
    In which case the English are 'anti-English'. Which may well be true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Errrrr.... no. The burden of proof is on whoever wants to change the current rules.

Nice try at trying to flip it round but no.
    Why, when the current rules are causing so many blatant problems, and such a deviation from the norm... the current rules of our government are in no way the norm. I'm not talking about a legal burden of proof, I'm talking about a moral one, when the interests of the English people and their country is what is taken into consideration. (I know, our government seem to have forgotten all about that!)

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion not entirely but I think immigration should be cut drastically and a points system should be introduced taking into account many factors such as age, skills and, im sorry, ethnicity. I moved to Leeds in September from Wilts and was pretty shocked at how there is practically no integration between ethnicities and in all honesty it annoys me a lot. Pakis stick with pakis and even my half-paki flat mate from Bradford absolutely hammers pakis. From what I can take from her stories integration in Bradford is non-existant even between children from other ethnicities. It seems to me that "muliculturalism" is laughable as there are too many people from other ethnicities so people dont need to integrate with the indigenous population. Another flatmate is Indian but I am, to my knowledge, his only white friend along with our other white flatmate. Its just stupid and the situation is laughable.

ReputationRep:
    Why, when the current rules are causing so many blatant problems, and such a deviation from the norm... the current rules of our government are in no way the norm. I'm not talking about a legal burden of proof, I'm talking about a moral one, when the interests of the English people and their country is what is taken into consideration. (I know, our government seem to have forgotten all about that!)
    So it'll be easy to win the argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    In my opinion not entirely but I think immigration should be cut drastically and a points system should be introduced taking into account many factors such as age, skills and, im sorry, ethnicity
    Disagree.

. I moved to Leeds in September from Wilts and was pretty shocked at how there is practically no integration between ethnicities and in all honesty it annoys me a lot. Pakis stick with pakis and even my half-paki flat mate from Bradford absolutely hammers pakis. From what I can take from her stories integration in Bradford is non-existant even between children from other ethnicities. It seems to me that "muliculturalism" is laughable as there are too many people from other ethnicities so people dont need to integrate with the indigenous population. Another flatmate is Indian but I am, to my knowledge, his only white friend along with our other white flatmate. Its just stupid and the situation is laughable.
    I live in Bradford, believe me the place is a mess.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.