Turn on thread page Beta

Entertainment forum ideas watch

ReputationRep:
    Now that exam season is out of the way in other areas, I can do something I've been meaning to do for a while. Entertainment hasn't really changed much for as long as I can remember, and I know the members often see things I don't, and have ideas I don't. So, I'm asking for your ideas on how to make the entertainment forum a more enjoyable place.

You can use this thread to suggest anything you want (within site rules obviously) so please post anything you think of, even if they seem slightly crazy

(I've posted this in Music and TV for now)

ReputationRep:
    Make me a mod.

Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Make me a mod.

Seriously.
    No can do :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    No can do :no:
    Well I'll just have to think of some ideas then.

Let me get back to you.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my one idea for the year, I just go back to lurking now.

ReputationRep:
    Make a youtube section, where you can just post hilarious ones and the like.

(Original post by Wesssty)
    Make a youtube section, where you can just post hilarious ones and the like.
    That would surely own serve spam purposes, which is what Chat is for. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention it would probably murder some people's browsers/computers that couldn't handle the number of YouTube videos trying to load on one page.

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of Celeb Gossip. The last post was 22 hours ago and most of the threads on the first page haven't been posted in for weeks. Complete waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    can't have like the film review stuff, music review, singles and albums
    could even use the reviews link them to tsr wiki stuff?

and making whats this song thread in massive bold flashing letter as people still miss it :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmm :beard:

I agree with CS about a youtube section, I think it'd be best suited to somewhere like Chat or the gallery, although an idea which would be similar but more to do with entz (music specifically) is a thread where people can post new songs/bands up.

I think part of the problem with celeb gossip is that's a lot of 'who's hotter' or 'what celebrities have you met/seen/spoken to' which, considering typical TSR users isn't something that appeals to most. I'm wondering if rather than removing it, which I'd rather not do so we can keep all the celeb stuff together, a rename of the forum could make it seem less like an article of Hello magazine and more appealing to TSR's typical audience :beard:

I like the film reviews thread, it has died out in the last 6 months or so, which is a shame, but having a place to review albums/singles/bands would be awesome, and if we can incorporate them into the wiki that would be even more awesome. Particularly as the entertainment part of the wiki is pretty empty ATM.

If I ever find a way of making that damn thread flash, bounce and sound horns I will :ninja:

*Puts thinking cap on*

ReputationRep:
    If you can make Celeb Gossip sound appealing to your average TSR geek......You're a much cleverer person than I.

I like the music review idea though, and it would be interesting to see it in the wiki.

ReputationRep:
    introducing people to new music and all that built on the genres

ReputationRep:
    Anime forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    introducing people to new music and all that built on the genres
    Yeah I think that's a good idea. Can post the links to albums they might like based on a band they like already, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    x
    note to self: reply later

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.