Turn on thread page Beta

Blackpool Pleasure Beach watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xaheartdx)
    I love Blackpool
    ~get there as soon as you can, and go one the Big One (pepsi max) first.
    ~The park usually shuts around 10ish (I think), so you can go on quite a few rides.
    ~I like the Iron Brew lol. The Valhalla is good, but wet. I also like the avalanche, but it's not worth queing up for ages to go on it. Space Invaders is ok, I can take or leave it. The Bling is also good, you can see over Blackppol on that aswell. If you go on the Playstation (I think it's called the Tango there, or something), sit opposite the beach, it's a better view than houses lol.
    ~Eat something before you go (there's a McDonalds if you walk down the front) and eat some doughnuts whilest there lol.
    ~Try not to take a bag, if things will fit in your pockets - it's too much hassle, or take one rucksack type bag between you all.
    ~Wear normal shoes, like trainers, because you have to take your shoes off on some rides.
    ~There's also a Haunted House just outside the pleasure beach, which you have to pay to go in (it was £6.50 last time I went). It's scary, but worth it
    ~As a previous post said, take money with you, as the ATMs charge.
    ~Also, be aware that you may have to stand up on the train, which will be packed in half term.

Hope you have fun
    Do you think it will be proper busy if I go on Sat 20th Feb (dates Im planning to go?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asheeers)
    i think you'd fine it takes a good 2.5 hours to get there and another 2.5 hours to get back on train. (i think, rough figures).

That's like 5 hours travelling and the park is only open for 6 hours so not worth it overall.

I think I put forward a compelling argument :yep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My friends and I are looking to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach in half-term. We're going to get some unlimited wristbands and travel there from Preston, possibly on Valentine's Day.

1) When I try to book a train from Virgin online for Valentine's Day, it changes the date to a Monday (the 15th). This is happening on all the websites I try.

2) Any tips or tricks for the pleasure beach? e.g. best times to go on rides?

Thanks for all the help in advance. By the way, what are the queues like?
    I've been there sooo many times! [:

When I went last time, I had a day off school and because everyone else was either at work or school, there were no queues!

Valhalla scared me to death first time I ever went on it, I was 12 at the time and I thought I was about to die :rolleyes:

My favourite ride there is the Pepsi Max, although it can be randomly shut down depending on the weather. (I queued for an hour and a half, got to the top and then they shut it ¬_¬)

The Iron Bru Revolution is also good, it's just one huge loop [: I remember my dad running up the spiral metal stairs after swinging his leg over the barrier, I tried to do the same thing but I fell over onto my wrist, nearly broke it !

Hope it's all good for you when you go!

Jess xx

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=THRASHx]Remember to get cash out before you go into the Pleasure Beach, every cash point inside there charges you and its hassle to go all the way out, find one and go all the way back in. Also, if you can, go to the pound shop before hand and get a raincoat (yes from the pound shop) then just throw it in the bin after - theres a stall outside Valhalla that sell them for a £1 but its just made out of cling film and doesnt cover you very well.
    Theres also a dryer just from where you come out of Valhalla, its probably worth using. I managed to dry almost my whole body off when I used it with a few other people and I was soaked (even with one of the Valhalla cling film macs)

Oh and btw, the Iron Bru is terrible, I queued up for ages and two of the people I was with were too scared, but its really crap. Someone spat as we went down the drop in front and it almost hit me too.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My friends and I are looking to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach in half-term. We're going to get some unlimited wristbands and travel there from Preston, possibly on Valentine's Day.

1) When I try to book a train from Virgin online for Valentine's Day, it changes the date to a Monday (the 15th). This is happening on all the websites I try.

2) Any tips or tricks for the pleasure beach? e.g. best times to go on rides?

Thanks for all the help in advance. By the way, what are the queues like?
    as others have said there is a very limited service to Blackpool South. Go to Blackpool North and then head to the sea front and get a tram.

ReputationRep:
    I was there on a saturday in October. In the evening there were no queue for the rides.

ReputationRep:
    *Lockers are a pain in the harris, avoid using them if possible.

*Get on the infusion and sit at the front at all costs. The view is amazing, much better than the back of someones seat.

*Valhala beaks down all the time so keep checking back regularly, it's definitely worth going on. Go on the flying machines ride (just opposite) straight after to dry yourself off.

*If you're buying pictures there some sort of deal, 4 for a tenner I think, which you could split between you and your mates.

*Try the water buggies (under the bridge) it's £2.50 extra but worth it for 20 mins. Think go-karts on water

Have fun

ReputationRep:
    When I went there was big queues for everything and we spent more time queueing then we did on the rides. We didnt even get to go on the Pepsi Max cus it closed at like 8pm?
    Valhalla was also closed when we got there, but its worth asking the people if they think it might open later, we asked them and they said they didnt know but it could well be so we kept checking. It did open later on and we went on a few times
    Grand National was closed which I was annoyed cus I remember the last time I went on was when I was a kid and had to stand on my dads feet to get past the minimum height line thing, good times :P

ReputationRep:
    You're going to have so much fun! BPB is aweeeesome! You can't go home without going on the Pepsi Max and if you go home without feeling as though you *might die* on the Grand National you haven't lived tbh! I have no idea how half the rides there get passed during inspections but it's way more fun when it's more risky, lol!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it will be proper busy if I go on Sat 20th Feb (dates Im planning to go?)

I usually go in Feb tbh, because it's usually cheaper if you book online. As the pleasure beach is just opening for this years season, the first couple of weeks are usually mad busy. As the 20th is the 3rd week, it shouldn't be too bad. Obviously, you still have to queue up and the train may be packed still, but you can still have a decent day out, and get on plenty of rides. I think when I went last year, we got on about 15 rides, some of them a couple of times

Thought of some more tips -
    ~ The Noahs Ark is brill! I love it (even though I'm scared of the dark lol, I just grab onto people)
    ~ We usually get the train around 8 in the morning, to Blackpool North, and walk down the front, stopping at McDonalds on the way. the park usually opens around 10, so you will have plenty of time.
    ~ If possible, order online. You need to take some ID to prove it's you, but it's worth it, considering you go in a seperate building at the side, and get served virtually straight away.
    ~ The Jammie Dogder wooden rollercoaster bruises you knees really bad - it's too rickety for my liking lol
    ~ The Grand national is the same
    ~ The little horses opposite the Grand national are fun, I sat on one with my boyfriend, and my friend sat on another with her boyfriend, and we raced lol - they won

Over all though, it's a great day out
    quote/PM me if you want to know anything else

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if any of the rides will be closed?

So is your advice not to go on the irn bru ride then? x

what stuff do you need to wear if you go on valhalla?
    There'll be a notice when you walk into the reception place stating which rides are shut- generally if it's windy or rainy the rollercoaster rides will be shut- partically Pepsi Maxx.

If you're a fan of Loop the Loop rides I'd go for it- I wasn't lol, just went on because I was forced!

Valhalla= WATERPROOFS! You will get soaked- but the fire at the end is nice

ReputationRep:
    Definitely hope the weather is good so we can go on all the rides. keep tips coming in guys x

ReputationRep:
    I l-o-v-e blackpool pleasure beach (not blackpool tho, bit too traditional british seaside trashy for me!), but ive been to the pleasure beach every year since i was like 10!

Do,do,do the steeplechase, the horse ride at the front by the pepsi max... its not exactly scary in the same way as the rollercoasters... but generally you feel so unstable its hilarious! None of the rides feel particularly safe at blackpool but ive never fallen out so go with it, its amusing! The grand national is also a fab ride, in fact all the wooden ones are worth a go :-)!

Alton towers is just as fab as blackpool... but its def worth visiting both! Alton towers is better on a sunny, fairly warm day, as the park is so big, it gets a bit miserable walking about if its really cold! Last year i went on a red hot day, and enjoyed wandering around between the rides and lazing on the deck chairs they put out by the lake! Enjoy your trip!

ReputationRep:
    Valhalla is the best ride imo but don't make my mistake and try and keep dryer by going in the middle at the back - I ended up getting wetter than anyone else by far, and people were even staring at me!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Alice & Wonderland was my fave childhood ride :-)
    Noah's ark, grand national and steeplechase are pretty awesoe too!

ReputationRep:
    Should I wear sandals or should I wear trainers

ReputationRep:
    What do you think I should wear to Blackpool pleasure beach sandals or trainers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprinkles6788)
    What do you think I should wear to Blackpool pleasure beach sandals or trainers
    This thread is 7 yrs old :lol: You can wear either as the weather is quite hot

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.