Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASCIIcipher)
    Yep, it opened today

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ance/DG_183342
    Or online here ...

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov..._schema=PORTAL

ReputationRep:
    you can't apply for next academic year until you've got a firm choice can you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    you can't apply for next academic year until you've got a firm choice can you?
    Yes. Yes, you can.

ReputationRep:
    Continuing student in Northern Ireland ( dealt with by local education board) applied 7pm last night and changed to Assessed today - 24 hours. !
    Hopefully be Approved by start of week.
    Quick or what

ReputationRep:
    After months of tedious back and forth with the SLC involving requests for documents they already had, requests for documents we'd already received back, requests for ID that wasn't at all necessary and scores of phone calls where I was fobbed off with the same unhelpful script, I finally last week (24/01/2010) got email confirmation that everything was fully in order and I need merely wait for my file to 'come back around' in the queue before written confirmation and a payment schedule would be sent to me. Besides being 5 months into the academic year and 4 weeks into the second term id like to ask; how long am I expected to wait now? Is it really that difficult to pull up my file, knowing that everything is in order, look it over and send out the documents? and why the hell are they opening this years applications when like me many of last years applications still haven't been finalised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hammydodger09)
    After months of tedious back and forth with the SLC involving requests for documents they already had, requests for documents we'd already received back, requests for ID that wasn't at all necessary and scores of phone calls where I was fobbed off with the same unhelpful script, I finally last week (24/01/2010) got email confirmation that everything was fully in order and I need merely wait for my file to 'come back around' in the queue before written confirmation and a payment schedule would be sent to me. Besides being 5 months into the academic year and 4 weeks into the second term id like to ask; how long am I expected to wait now? Is it really that difficult to pull up my file, knowing that everything is in order, look it over and send out the documents? and why the hell are they opening this years applications when like me many of last years applications still haven't been finalised?

what did they say your status is now then?

ReputationRep:
    they say awaiting assessment but the online system still says awaiting further information, however Im not to concerned about that because throughout the entire term of my application my online status hasn't changed since July.

ReputationRep:
    they say awaiting assessment but the online system still says awaiting further information, however Im not to concerned about that because throughout the entire term of my application my online status hasn't changed since July.
    Ive PM`d you dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilla1990)
    Having send off my application in mid september I am furious that I still have to wait for my 1st instalment of my loans and grants.

This is my time-plan:
    mid September-Send off application
    mid November-had to appy again as they told that they have lost my form
    end November-apparently they have found my old form and started processing it
    2nd December-asked me for more information
    5th December-provided them my information
    14th January-told by the Customer Service team to send off the information again as they couldnt find it
    15th January-send it off again
    Today-status online is still saying " Awaiting further information"

AND
    Got a letter from University today stating that I would be suspended from University if they dont receive any money in the next 7 days.

Called he Customer Service team agian today and was given an email that would speed up my process- hopefully that helps

Anyone is or was in the same position that I am in right now???

Share your views-need it to calm me down

I applied for both tuition fee and grant at the end of JULY, after every 2 weeks I was told to wait for it to be processed. This carried on till sept, and then the wonderful person on the phone kindly says: "We did not get any evidence for my mum". Which was complete bull....Having sent the proof again on next day delivery. they did the same tactics of telling me to wait! at the end of December I rang again and surprise surprise! I have to send in a CB2 form to provide finance for my mum! its pathetic man.

I phoned 2 day ago (1st feb) asking for the final time before I file a case against them and then wo hey!!.....Nothing!. "We are currently processing applications from 8th of January and mine was added in the 13th jan batch and should take another month?!. It seems that even threatening them doesn't bother them at all. So I'm going to have to do something about it however,I rang today and gave the person the same threat and now they go that they are processing applications in the 12th jan batch! and may take another two weeks?! In my opinion, I think she was chatting S****.

Everyone reading, Give them a call, find out what day they are currently processing and check which day your application is going to be processed and let us know here. Lets see if they are telling the truth or chatting rubbish!

SF = Fools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by side)
    I applied for both tuition fee and grant at the end of JULY, after every 2 weeks I was told to wait for it to be processed. This carried on till sept, and then the wonderful person on the phone kindly says: "We did not get any evidence for my mum". Which was complete bull....Having sent the proof again on next day delivery. they did the same tactics of telling me to wait! at the end of December I rang again and surprise surprise! I have to send in a CB2 form to provide finance for my mum! its pathetic man.

I phoned 2 day ago (1st feb) asking for the final time before I file a case against them and then wo hey!!.....Nothing!. "We are currently processing applications from 8th of January and mine was added in the 13th jan batch and should take another month?!. It seems that even threatening them doesn't bother them at all. So I'm going to have to do something about it however,I rang today and gave the person the same threat and now they go that they are processing applications in the 12th jan batch! and may take another two weeks?! In my opinion, I think she was chatting S****.

Everyone reading, Give them a call, find out what day they are currently processing and check which day your application is going to be processed and let us know here. Lets see if they are telling the truth or chatting rubbish!

SF = Fools

Yep basically you have to keep phoning them everyday and ask what is actually going on and what you still need to send in.

I phoned them last week saying that my University place is at stake, which is true because I have received a Uni letter stating that I would be suspended if I dont pay the tution fees by next week. 5 days after that my status changed to "Assessed"- Finally.

Now I am just waiting it to show "Approved" so I can get MY ******* money. I was a bit too curious about how long it would take to do that, and phoned them up 3 times so far. And no one seems to know that and tell me different average times to get that done.

Hopefully it is soon so can I apply for my next year student finance soon aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Have you talked to your tutor or student services about the fact that you haven't had your loan yet? They'll be able to help you and give you a loan until you get your finance through and probably just hold off on your tution fees until that comes through. Really. Get on it!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice. I'm going to attempt that, but will it be my home MP or the uni city? is this really accessible for me? the thing is, I called them this morning and the agent said they didn't have any record of my evidence on their system, she suggested that I call back on Monday (8th) so they could check at head office, I think it was a Scottish call centre or something because she had an accent and so did the people in the background. I'm thinking she didn't have access to the full database because on 3 separate occasion, one being email, I have been assured that no more evidence is required, I actually only called because the two week time period they suggested was over. I'm just hoping that they do have the details because if I have to send my passport, not only will it hit the back of the queue, but that queue is being extended every day by the fact that they have opened applications for the next academic year. and when I finally get the loan, because of the time it may take I will be way behind in reapplying for 2010 because I have to wait! :confused: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Im a 2nd year undergraduate full time student. On my account online it says my tuition fee is "submitted" despite the due date being 03/02/2010 for the tuition fee, does it say this on anyone else's? Or is this normal?

I also sent off the continuining students form 2010 / 11 by recorded delivery which arrived on Wednesday but it still hasnt been processed. Also the form was no redirected to Glasgow like what happened last year with my forms, has that changed?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It arrived on Wed and you're bothered it hasn't been processed yet! I think you're about to learn a lot about patience.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice. I'm going to attempt that, but will it be my home MP or the uni city? is this really accessible for me? the thing is, I called them this morning and the agent said they didn't have any record of my evidence on their system, she suggested that I call back on Monday (8th) so they could check at head office, I think it was a Scottish call centre or something because she had an accent and so did the people in the background. I'm thinking she didn't have access to the full database because on 3 separate occasion, one being email, I have been assured that no more evidence is required, I actually only called because the two week time period they suggested was over. I'm just hoping that they do have the details because if I have to send my passport, not only will it hit the back of the queue, but that queue is being extended every day by the fact that they have opened applications for the next academic year. and when I finally get the loan, because of the time it may take I will be way behind in reapplying for 2010 because I have to wait! :confused: :mad:

i will PM you all the details.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off back in May 2009 -- we are now Feb 2010 -- thats 9 months ago. I haven't yet recieved a penny... I have no overdraft left, my weekend job wont give me any extra hours so i only earn £180-£210 a month. I have a car and my rent is £100. My parents cant back me since i dont know my dad and dont have a mum. May 2010 is when fee's are due and finances owe me money as im £1500 in debt from rent insurence.

quote Originally Posted by lilangel890
    Why are you complaining about free money?

Its not free its to help fund your education and accomodation. Im not even one that goes out partying and wastes it all on a good time like most the people i know.

Finances took so fricking long to process (still awaiting process) that my passport expired so had to send in my birth certificate. Still -- no money. Rubbish job. Rent and road tax due 1st march. How long do they want to take?

I rang them up friday asking to speak to a manager.. you know what they guy said... "sorry, managers cant talk to students" (followed by him putting the phone down on me). Ive sent 2 formal letter complaints over the last 5 months and i had nothing in response.. I've not even had my birth certificate back!! (2 months!!) wouldnt be seprised if theyve lost it.

If they do this to me again next year, if i havent had to drop out of uni and started living in a box by then, then christ knows what i'll do...

They've caused me **** loads of problems. (and probs even worse for others..) always someone worse off then yourself =/

P.S student finance if you read this... your ******* ******* now go die after processing my application!

________

edit:: also forgot to mention - i rang up before the guy put the phone down on me aswell and the women i spoke to said my application was sent on the 6th of january 2010 so it is at the bottom of the process pile.. (hense why i rang the 2nd time asking to speak to a manager) she can gtfo too!

ReputationRep:
    Re: How/Who to complain about student finance england

Is it worth complaining because I have alot of complaints and I still haven't got my grant lol.

-----

to be honest, i wonder if they do actually have a complaints department so probs best not send a complaint. would only cost you money.

Youd more likely spend £12k on postage sending your complaints to them -.-!

ReputationRep:
    Sup, im a film student in my first year of my film arts degree, had 2 years of film education prior to this. Anyway..

I sent my application in may 2009 and its now febuary 2010, thats 9 months ago (save you trying working it out) I havent recieved a single penny yet (no fees no grant no loan no nothing). Sent off 2 complaints also heard nothing and to top it off... My passport expired january this year meaning after they had all the documents (again for like then 5th or 6th time) i had to send my birth cert in, however they wanted another decloration form (7th) 2 weeks on, i ring them, they asked me if i wrote the signature on the decliration form!! the cheek of it! and asked me to send in yet another! so i did (they recieved it on 26th january) so i rang them again and said whats happening now with my application? The women said you sent your application in 6 months late... I was like wtf are you on about? You recieved it in may! i have prof of this cus sent recorded anyway! so i asked where is it, she said its at the bottom of the process pile from applications sent after 26th of january! AM I GOING MENTAL? OR ARE THEY ******* STUPID?

P.S when i asked to speek to a manager, the guy said "managers cant talk to students" and put the phone down on me....

Sorry thats my rant.. not the whole of it (im £1500 in debt no overdraft left) rent and roadtax due 1st march, **** pay job and full time uni!

whats your lots oppinions and situations? (always someone worse off then myself)

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just go to their head offices with all your communication so far and demand they sort it out?

ReputationRep:
    their headoffices is to far up country- wouldnt have the time or money to do it.. contacted local mp seeing if she can help out a bit for it however they are so bad not even sure if she could help...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.