Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone know [MP3 Player] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the make and model of this is?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    thats the HSBC free one, isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    thats the HSBC free one, isnt it?
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    not exactly, hsbc just put their name on it. I've seen this same model many times (i.e ebay), but with different brands.

ReputationRep:
    probabily some cheap unknown company that make them. they wouldnt put anything well known as a freebie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory)
    probabily some cheap unknown company that make them. they wouldnt put anything well known as a freebie.
    Well they're offering 10 chart CDs as an alternative. So it's not all bad. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    something for everyone ay, cds for people who buy music legally, mp3 player for the ppl who download. What are the terms of this deal, couldn't you just join then close/never use the account and get the railcard from natwest?

ReputationRep:
    isnt it normally, you have to have a certain amount entering your account.. student loans and some banks say you cant have more than one account, basically you cant have their account and then an account from a different bank whether it be a current or savings, they never specified.

ReputationRep:
    i posted off for mine weeks ago, but it hasnt come yet! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepyeba)
    i posted off for mine weeks ago, but it hasnt come yet! :mad:
    No mine either - i've gone for the 10 free cds to sell them on Ebay or Amazon! LOL

I think we get them when we recieve our results and have to take our UCAS confimation letter in to a branch! :eek: Shocking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolutional)
    No mine either - i've gone for the 10 free cds to sell them on Ebay or Amazon! LOL
    Hahah, I like that! Shrewd....

I think we get them when we recieve our results and have to take our UCAS confimation letter in to a branch! :eek: Shocking!
    :eek: Oh my god... NOW results day is important!!
    .. Must..get..MP3 player..

ReputationRep:
    im guessing its a standard 128mb player with no fancy features

ReputationRep:
    Boooo, get a black one, you're less likely to get mugged

ReputationRep:
    I think the ten free CDs is restricted to chart stuff...

...I'm switching to NatWest. the return of the student accounts advert (which just so happens to be one of the best ads EVAR!!11) served only to confirm this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commander V)
    im guessing its a standard 128mb player with no fancy features
    No, it says it's 512MB.

I think I may stick with the CDs.

ReputationRep:
    That's EXACTLY what I was going to do . You can actually choose £50 instead of the CDs or MP3 - but when you can make close to 100 quid selling on ebay, you gotta go for the CDs .

ReputationRep:
    The cash option (£50) is worth more than the featured MP3 player - by at least a tenner, if not more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    The cash option (£50) is worth more than the featured MP3 player - by at least a tenner, if not more.
    What makes you so sure of that?

That makes it easy. CDs are worth more than £50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    What makes you so sure of that?

That makes it easy. CDs are worth more than £50.
    You can get one with a better spec (it has an FM radio) for £40. http://www.digitalelectro.co.uk/cata...products_id/81
    And I'm pretty sure that if you tried to sell the model that is being touted by HSBC on ebay, you'd struggle to get more than £30. I don't know the exact cost of the model pictured, but seeing as it's unbranded - it wouldn't be unreasonable to compare it to any MP3 player on the net.

I suppose it's a convenient option if you desperately need an MP3 player, but you could get the same or better with the cash alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    You can get one with a better spec (it has an FM radio) for £40. http://www.digitalelectro.co.uk/cata...products_id/81
    And I'm pretty sure that if you tried to sell the model that is being touted by HSBC on ebay, you'd struggle to get more than £30. I don't know the exact cost of the model pictured, but seeing as it's unbranded - it wouldn't be unreasonable to compare it to any MP3 player on the net.

I suppose it's a convenient option if you desperately need an MP3 player, but you could get the same or better with the cash alternative.
    damn...i went for the mp3 palyer!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.