Turn on thread page Beta

Why would a mum ..... watch

ReputationRep:
    copy their daughters clothes?My gf goes out and buys new clothes. When we go to see her mum she always asks "ohhh, where did you get that from ?" Next time we see her she has bought them

This shouldnt even get on my tits but it actually does! Why is she doing it, too look younger, too attract younger men? WTF! I told my gf to buy some really dank looking clothes and dress like a tosser for a day lol and see if she copys that for the lolz but she wont to it

so back on topic, why? and do any girls mums on here do the same?

ReputationRep:
    That's really quite pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she doesn't want to attract young men (as you have assumed), but she just wants to feel good. She reminisces her youth and misses it. My mum's 50 odd and she still goes out. Nothing wrong really.

ReputationRep:
    I would die if that happened. Me and my Mum have one top that's the same, and thats because she bought it and it shrank, so gave it to me, and then bought it again when it was in the sale. It can see why it would bother you, but its your girlfriends problem, and if she doesn't have a problem with it, there's not much else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    That's really quite pathetic.
    :lolwut: me?

ReputationRep:
    Ha my mum does this. Pisses me off no end - your 50, not 20. She's not going to stop though - wait for her to get through her mid-life crisis.

ReputationRep:
    I wear my mum's old clothes, but my mum is pretty awesome so it doesn't bother me that we dress similarly.

ReputationRep:
    Uhhh... just maybe she likes her style, and loves the clothes, and wants them for herself because they're so nice? Maybe she's not trying to be your girlfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Delusional women; think they're young enough to get away with it but they can't. Either that or they're jealous of their daughters on some weird level, or just competitive. I was having this conversation a few days ago with my mum, who I'm happy to say dresses her age, and absolutely nothing like me (with the exception of wearing black leggings occasionally).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ter_Episode_1/

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with wanting to look youthful and dressing nicely - but copying your daughters wardrobe is crossing the line faaarrr out! That is just mutton dressed as lamb :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Luckily my mum doesn't do this, i would hate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Delusional women; think they're young enough to get away with it but they can't. Either that or they're jealous of their daughters on some weird level, or just competitive. I was having this conversation a few days ago with my mum, who I'm happy to say dresses her age, and absolutely nothing like me (with the exception of wearing black leggings occasionally).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ter_Episode_1/
    I was thinking of that programme as well actually...

I've seen it happen with a few friends' mums, and one of my friends shares a wardrobe with her mum because they're the same size and wear the same clothes. A little odd, really.

ReputationRep:
    i guess is should say not every single item is the same, its just when she goes out and buys new stuff

and for immediate clarification...

I do ont think for one minute shes trying to do it to attract me if thats what a poster above was getting at, i just thought maybe dressing like her daughter might be to attract younger men, not specifically me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubblesMcGee)
    I was thinking of that programme as well actually...

I've seen it happen with a few friends' mums, and one of my friends shares a wardrobe with her mum because they're the same size and wear the same clothes. A little odd, really.

Bizarre, and I wouldn't like it at all tbh. I love my mum but can you stay being my mum please and not my sister, I have more than enough friends my age thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If a Woman can pull it off then let her and stop moaning you... !!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of middle aged people can still look good without feeling the need to look young. You have to pity the people who can't let go of their youth.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    She's after your attention :hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    My mum does this sometimes. She also tries to tell me what is in fashion and what I should wear. She is 55, and I am 20. She wears mini skirts and tiny pink hot pants matching velvet sweat pants and top like the typical kind of mum e.g. in mean girls you'd be ashamed to admit is your mother...and all sorts and she does not have the kind of body to do it either... I don't think any 50 year olds do. I dreaded the day when my boyfriend had to meet my mum and see her in her 80's work out gear (a swimsuit essentially) or in that mini-skirt. Horrible.

ReputationRep:
    i know many people that wear similar clothing to their daughters, my auntyz do too.. if it looks good why shouldnt she wear it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.