Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my relationship going to work in the long run? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been with my gf for 2 years, about a year before i met her i had a female best friend who i slept with. A year into our relationship this girl emailed me asking how i was and my gf saw that i emailed her back (just hi, how are you? what you do know? etc..) recent months we have spoken about it and things and she seems ok with it. However, there is always something that gets her down. I dont have any female friends anymore (despite working in a mainly girls clothes shop and no im not gay, noone else would give me a job).
    Cut a long story short.
    I have no money as im still waiting on student finances to pay up everything as iv had nothing (been waiting 9 months on £200 a month with rent and car etc to pay for).
    I have ideas of what i want to do in the long run (eg move away from this rubbish place and get on with my career) she doesnt want to move from her family or even go on holiday to australia with me (even though i said id pay for everything when i get the money)
    Anything to do with my friends she doesnt like (doesnt like my friends much), and anything to do with her friends she goes on about forever yet she doesnt ever meet up with them.... (they all have bfs so hide themselves away)
    So this is how i feel -- I am so in love with her, she is hot, caring, kind, great in the you know... and she wants to do everything with me (by everything, i mean... everything!)
    I said i dont want to do everything with her and i need some space to do my own thing now and then. she took it wrong way and balls her eyes out everytime i tell her how i feel. Ive broke it off twice but we end up talking, sorting it out, she changes, but changes straight back.
    I dont know what to do if we break up again cus id miss her so much and wouldnt know what else to do...

Anyone been in the same or similar situation and can offer advise?
    (dont say talk about our feelings with eachother cus iv done that, didnt work for very long...)

ReputationRep:
    All the relationship posts have got me going off on one about my own lol, interesting

Did you used to be SFsucks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFsuck)
    I have been with my gf for 2 years, about a year before i met her i had a female best friend who i slept with. A year into our relationship this girl emailed me asking how i was and my gf saw that i emailed her back (just hi, how are you? what you do know? etc..) recent months we have spoken about it and things and she seems ok with it. However, there is always something that gets her down. I dont have any female friends anymore (despite working in a mainly girls clothes shop and no im not gay, noone else would give me a job).
    Cut a long story short.
    I have no money as im still waiting on student finances to pay up everything as iv had nothing (been waiting 9 months on £200 a month with rent and car etc to pay for).
    I have ideas of what i want to do in the long run (eg move away from this rubbish place and get on with my career) she doesnt want to move from her family or even go on holiday to australia with me (even though i said id pay for everything when i get the money)
    Anything to do with my friends she doesnt like (doesnt like my friends much), and anything to do with her friends she goes on about forever yet she doesnt ever meet up with them.... (they all have bfs so hide themselves away)
    So this is how i feel -- I am so in love with her, she is hot, caring, kind, great in the you know... and she wants to do everything with me (by everything, i mean... everything!)
    I said i dont want to do everything with her and i need some space to do my own thing now and then. she took it wrong way and balls her eyes out everytime i tell her how i feel. Ive broke it off twice but we end up talking, sorting it out, she changes, but changes straight back.
    I dont know what to do if we break up again cus id miss her so much and wouldnt know what else to do...

Anyone been in the same or similar situation and can offer advise?
    (dont say talk about our feelings with eachother cus iv done that, didnt work for very long...)
    O mate, I have been in this boat before and I feel your pain. Frankly, women are emotional drug addicts and as such they react very strongly to anything emotional. If you really care about her you're going to have to reach some sort of compromise about how she should react to certain things. I had a girlfriend that took everything the wrong way but I just had to keep pounding on about how she should rationalise what I said, not just start injecting herself with oestrogen. Ultimately if she's not prepared to do something about the way she is then she's not as invested in the relationship as you, therefore you should break it off. It's difficult and it's easy to just keep going back to the same mess but you have to think about yourself!!!!! It can't constantly be about her, otherwise you end up just doing yourself over.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.