Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Angry, angry activists (The racist, anti-racist group) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    It's a fair point, you probably won't ever experience racism.

Thats not what he said though he said he's unable to experience it which is wrong evryone can experience it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallicalad)
    To cut a long story short the guy I was talking to, who happened to be of south Asian, explained to me that I was unable to and will never experience racism because I am white.
    It's not racist, it's just untrue. And I can't imagine he didn't know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidR1991)
    ^

"The kidnapping was ostensibly revenge for an attack on Shahid at a nightclub in Glasgow city centre the night before by a local white gang"

By definition, an winning party in an election is a majority (i.e. there must have been some kind of majority voting for the NP/coalition). Were their voting laws mangled prior to apartheid or did blacks simply not vote? (I don't know the circumstances of the NP win)

But yeah, point taken. Minority rule seems to be a rare thing though

I think he was just proving white can experience racist attacks

ReputationRep:
    He probably means it's unlikely for you to experience any/as much here, in England, but yes, that comment is a little silly.

ReputationRep:
    ^The kidnapping was ostensibly revenge for an attack on Shahid at a nightclub in Glasgow city centre the night before by a local white gang"
    You just proved my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Just like anti-fascists are the new fascists, anti-racists are the new racists...
    this

ReputationRep:
    ^

"The kidnapping was ostensibly revenge for an attack on Shahid at a nightclub in Glasgow city centre the night before by a local white gang"

By definition, an winning party in an election is a majority (i.e. there must have been some kind of majority voting for the NP/coalition). Were their voting laws mangled prior to apartheid or did blacks simply not vote? (I don't know the circumstances of the NP win)

But yeah, point taken. Minority rule seems to be a rare thing though
    Not really. Its just about who has the upper hand

ReputationRep:
    Was talking back form town to university
    i literally have no idea what that means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    You just proved my point.
    So your point is the same as mine? (The majority caused the problem against the minority, not the other way around. A revenge attack is quite different from a random unprovoked racial attack - hence proving my point - generally as a white person you're unlikely to be attacked. You're in the majority. The only reason it happened here is because some stupid gang caused a tit-for-tat revenge thing.)

(Original post by tom//)
    racism has **** all to do with the majority/minority
    Racism isn't defined by majority/minority, no. But they're certainly not mutually exclusive concepts either.

ReputationRep:
    Now, I'm pretty sure that comment in itself is racist...
    Indeed. You have as much right as anyone to be racially abused if you want to be. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So your point is the same as mine? (The majority caused the problem against the minority, not the other way around. A revenge attack is quite different from a random unprovoked racial attack - hence proving my point - generally as a white person you're unlikely to be attacked. You're in the majority. The only reason it happened here is because some stupid gang caused a tit-for-tat revenge thing.)
    You could say that about any racial attack. Someone might say: "My wife was raped by a black man, ergo I have prejudice towards black people, ergo I attacked a random black man"

All racist attacks have some element of "getting revenge" - for a lack of jobs, the rise of mistrust, the muddying of the gene pool.

The scum who killed Kris Donald are just racist, because it was a random unprovoked racial attack.

I find your analysis disturbing, but most British people think like you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever met like a really, really angry activist?

Let me tell you a story,

Was talking back form town to university only to see the usual kind of picket about some sort of cause, this one happened to be about stopping racism at the uni and setting up a group to do just that...

To cut a long story short the guy I was talking to, who happened to be of south Asian, explained to me that I was unable to and will never experience racism because I am white.

Now, I'm pretty sure that comment in itself is racist...
    Err; it's not really racist. It's like saying a black guy won't get mugged because he's black.

ReputationRep:
    That anti-racist dude more probably wanted to say "you're not likely to suffer from racism". It's just that he got a little exicted cos he was at a demo. You can imagine how easy it is to become hot headed when at that sort of stuff. Now you have to agree with him. Saying that white people are just as likely to suffer from racism in Britain is a form of political correctness that really has gone mad. Let's stop that and start living in the real world.

(Original post by amii_G)
    Hating on Muslims is still going strong then. Nice, nice. :yy:

/s
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    UAF is state-sponsored terrorism.

Lock them and the BNP, and all other extremists of all flavours in a big room, provide baseball bats, and come back a few days later and clean what's left out.
    I love how beautifully unaware you are of how hypocritical that statement is.

Example, 'All extremists should be shot'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    OP you're making a mountain out of a molehill, you live in Britain I presume, you most likely won't experience racism, whats the problem?
    I agree with the trend for anti-fascist groups to behave hypocritically, I suppose part of it might be Britain's history of fascistic neo-nazi groups rising up when we have a recession or some national crisis, Moseley for example, the National Front for example. At the end of the day, our national culture is far less open to multiculturalism than we'd like to believe, the idea is still very new and some people don't trust that the country is all that committed to it. For what it's worth I don't like the UAF but I think it's doing the country no harm to have some raving loonatics fighting on behalf of multiculturalism against the many raving loonatics fighting against it both on the side of Islam and on the side against it.
    Wrong. I have experienced racism on more than one occasion.

ReputationRep:
    Opponents of what I'm saying, you cannot disagree with what I'm saying, this IS a racist comment.

'You're white, you cannot experience and never will experience racism'.

He is saying because I am WHITE, firstly, I CANNOT experience racism, secondly I will never experience it in the sense that no one will actually be racist toward me.

I also think it's very unintelligent for people to be so sure that I have never experienced racism.

(Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    UAF is state-sponsored terrorism.
    I hate the UAF as much as the next man but I'd like to know how they're state-sponsored and an example of their terrorist activities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    I hate the UAF as much as the next man but I'd like to know how they're state-sponsored and an example of their terrorist activities.
    Not necessarily by financial means but apparently the government/opposition support them. Sort of like a student version of the black and tans! hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Also, I must remind people that this was just a discussion about whether anyone had met these angry types of activists before and share your own personal experiences.

It's not like I was massively bothered by what he said, I just thought 'idiot' and carried on with my day.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.