Turn on thread page Beta

Angry, angry activists (The racist, anti-racist group) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    Indeed. You have as much right as anyone to be racially abused if you want to be. :rolleyes:
    Haha, all night long!

(Original post by Tallicalad)
    Not necessarily by financial means but apparently the government/opposition support them. Sort of like a student version of the black and tans! hahaha!
    Care to show any proof that the government and opposition support UAF? I doubt it but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

ReputationRep:
    It just seems to be a trend with young activists. Like the UAF egging Nick Griffin and his compadres. A representative of the UAF exclaims that they believe in freedom of speech, but not for fascits...

Now first off, there is no real definition for fascism, so to base a justification on something that has an interpretative meaning would be faux and also they believe in silencing anyone (and using violence) who they deem to be fascists. BS frankly.

and this is why i refer to the BNP as *****, not 'facists' :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Care to show any proof that the government and opposition support UAF? I doubt it but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
    Read carefully. 'Apparently'. I wasn't supporting his statement, I had just heard that was the case. I suppose you could argue that the government/oppositions lack of condemnation of the UAF constitutes an indirect form of support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    It's not racist, it's just untrue. And I can't imagine he didn't know that.
    It's not really untrue. If you're white, living in the UK. You're less likely to experience racism than a minority.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I'm not white and living in the UK and I haven't experience racism. So lol, I doubt a white person is going to experience racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    It's not really untrue. If you're white, living in the UK. You're less likely to experience racism than a minority.
    Of course your average white person is less likely to experience racism.

But, if the OP is reporting correctly, the guy said that he was "unable to and will never experience racism".

If you include "non-acceptance" within the racism category, then if you are, say, a white guy with an Asian girlfriend, you'll probably experience quite a bit of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    Of course your average white person is less likely to experience racism.

But, if the OP is reporting correctly, the guy said that he was "unable to and will never experience racism".

If you include "non-acceptance" within the racism category, then if you are, say, a white guy with an Asian girlfriend, you'll probably experience quite a bit of it.
    Hmm not so sure if I would experience it directly. Probably their parents would be against it for sure but that's probably due to culture. Though yes there is a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever met like a really, really angry activist?

Let me tell you a story,
    Another tale of woe from a chosen white. How many such threads this week from new members? I've lost count. All this BNP astroturfing - you'd think there was an election coming!

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Opponents of what I'm saying, you cannot disagree with what I'm saying, this IS a racist comment.

'You're white, you cannot experience and never will experience racism'.

He is saying because I am WHITE, firstly, I CANNOT experience racism, secondly I will never experience it in the sense that no one will actually be racist toward me.

I also think it's very unintelligent for people to be so sure that I have never experienced racism.
    Surely this depends where you are?

I imagine you wouldn't feel too comfortable as a white dude in say, Dadar, Mumbai.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juanmodesto)
    Another tale of woe from a chosen white. How many such threads this week from new members? I've lost count. All this BNP astroturfing - you'd think there was an election coming!

Haha you speak as if you own the joint mate. Get real. The moral of thread doesn't really have anything to do with race, it's about angry activists and your personal encounters, mine just happened to be about race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Surely this depends where you are?

I imagine you wouldn't feel too comfortable as a white dude in say, Dadar, Mumbai.
    Ever been to the High Fields in Leicester?

ReputationRep:
    Ever been to the High Fields in Leicester?
    No. why?

ReputationRep:
    The moral of thread doesn't really have anything to do with race, it's about angry activists and your personal encounters, mine just happened to be about race.
    Yours and purely coincidentally the rash of other threads started by new SR members!
    The moral of your chosen white woe-is-me:

ReputationRep:
    OP please what universty is this ? lol

ReputationRep:
    Yours and purely coincidentally the rash of other threads started by new SR members!
    The moral of your chosen white woe-is-me:
    And I was aware of this how? So what are you trying to infer exactly mr. forum. No, that is merely your interpretation, I came to talk about crazy activists but unfortunately this thread has gotten hooked on the race argument. There is no woe-is-me and I'd kindly ask you to refrain from making such conjectured speculation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidR1991)
    So your point is the same as mine? (The majority caused the problem against the minority, not the other way around. A revenge attack is quite different from a random unprovoked racial attack - hence proving my point - generally as a white person you're unlikely to be attacked. You're in the majority. The only reason it happened here is because some stupid gang caused a tit-for-tat revenge thing.)
    So if it was a revenge attack why pick someone to take revenge against based purely on the colour of their skin? I'm sure if I, as a white person, was attacked by someone black, asian, whatever and then chose to exact revenge against a third person, based purely on their skin colour, then it would certainly be classed as a racist attack. The attack was not for any wrong, or perceived wrong, it was an attack based on the colour of their skin. Ergo it was a racist attack.

Incidentally I was mugged and assaulted several years ago, by an black man, during the assault he called me a stupid white b****. He was, eventually, arrested and convicted, but only for assault and mugging. I was told by the prosecuter that had the skin colours been reversed he would have been given a far stricter sentence as it would have been classed as racially aggravated. Is it justified that an assault and racist statements against me are classed as less serious in the eyes of the law because I am white?

I abhor racism in all its forms, and it is not acceptable from anyone of any colour. But I feel that the current status quo of white people cannot be discriminated against, and any crime by a white against a black or asian is racist, is fuelling anomisity and fracturing society further. This does no races any favours.

Tl:dr, does seperating and judging society by skin colour help cohesion. No.

ReputationRep:
    And I was aware of this how? So what are you trying to infer exactly mr. forum. No, that is merely your interpretation, I came to talk about crazy activists but unfortunately this thread has gotten hooked on the race argument. There is no woe-is-me and I'd kindly ask you to refrain from making such conjectured speculation.
    Mr chosen white astroturfer is getting flustered at being rumbled?

Oh nooooooes!

ReputationRep:
    Mr chosen white astroturfer is getting flustered at being rumbled?

Oh nooooooes!

Yep... totally... you got me there... BNP all the way... wow you're a big man, if only I could spend as much time on the internet as you, scouting forums trying to get myself off, looking for gold in the fridge. *claps*

ReputationRep:
    I love how beautifully unaware you are of how hypocritical that statement is.

Example, 'All extremists should be shot'.
    I love how beautifully you make assumptions - I'm well aware of the import of my words. I fail, however, to see the hypocrisy. I'd cheerfully hang the deserving members of every violent extremist organisation if it meant a safer, more peaceful Britain.

(Original post by Norfolkadam)
    I hate the UAF as much as the next man but I'd like to know how they're state-sponsored and an example of their terrorist activities.
    Look at their activities, then look at their list of supporters. For the lazy, or hard-of-googling, I'll even provide them: http://www.uaf.org.uk/aboutUAF.asp?choice=4

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.