Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Angry, angry activists (The racist, anti-racist group) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    I love how beautifully you make assumptions - I'm well aware of the import of my words. I fail, however, to see the hypocrisy. I'd cheerfully hang the deserving members of every violent extremist organisation if it meant a safer, more peaceful Britain.

Look at their activities, then look at their list of supporters. For the lazy, or hard-of-googling, I'll even provide them: http://www.uaf.org.uk/aboutUAF.asp?choice=4
    Haha because what you're saying is, is you want a group of people to go in to a room with one another and kill each other with baseball bats because you don't like extremists. That in itself is an extreme notion, so why aren't you joining in? Haha!

I'm only having a laugh mate, I do see what you're saying, it's just funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kriss_Donald
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Lawrence

ReputationRep:
    [scrolldown]:mob:[/scrolldown]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallicalad)
    Haha because what you're saying is, is you want a group of people to go in to a room with one another and kill each other with baseball bats because you don't like extremists. That in itself is an extreme notion, so why aren't you joining in? Haha!

I'm only having a laugh mate, I do see what you're saying, it's just funny.
    Oh aye, I see your point. What I mean is, I'd let them do to each other what they are obviously itching to do, without involving innocent members of the public. Maybe I have slightly fewer hang-ups about violence than most people, but I don't see how that particularly constitutes extremism :p:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone experiences racism at some point, regardless of race. It's just less likely to be all that detrimental if you are of the dominant majority's race. It all depends on what sphere of influence you intend on pursuing. There are very few that don't have predominantly white leadership. Sure, if your life goal is to become a well-respected off-the-mainstream hardcore rapper, then your race may be an impediment. Elsewhere, not so much.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever met like a really, really angry activist?

Let me tell you a story,

Was talking back form town to university only to see the usual kind of picket about some sort of cause, this one happened to be about stopping racism at the uni and setting up a group to do just that...

To cut a long story short the guy I was talking to, who happened to be of south Asian, explained to me that I was unable to and will never experience racism because I am white.

Now, I'm pretty sure that comment in itself is racist...
    Idiots like that really hack me off - it's effectively a perfect proof of them playing the race card.

ReputationRep:
    I thought of hungry hungry hippos and after that I just couldn't take this thread seriously.

ReputationRep:
    You spectacularly missed his point.

ReputationRep:

Let me tell you a story,

Was talking back form town to university only to see the usual kind of picket about some sort of cause, this one happened to be about stopping racism at the uni and setting up a group to do just that...

To cut a long story short the guy I was talking to, who happened to be of south Asian, explained to me that I was unable to and will never experience racism because I am white.

its absolutely true, i n order to fully appreciate or understand something you have to experience, in the same sense that men cannot understand the ordeals of pregananacy, someone who has never been discriminated against cannot fully understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    racism has **** all to do with the majority/minority
    let me guess, you're part of the majority right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercifulinpain)
    let me guess, you're part of the majority right?
    yes, but that still doesnt change the fact that racism has nothing to do with the majority or the minority.

ReputationRep:
    its absolutely true, i n order to fully appreciate or understand something you have to experience, in the same sense that men cannot understand the ordeals of pregananacy, someone who has never been discriminated against cannot fully understand it.
    thats simply not true u can feel passionate about the way other people are treated and want to do something about it so what your saying is that because he personally is not being insulted and affected he cant understand it therefore shouldent do a thing about it because he dosent understand the feeling ?

you know i am a white girl and i face racism all the time just because your white dosent mean it dosent happen i dance in a dance troupe and because most of them are black allot of people ask why im there and im the odd one out none of them mind but allot of other black people are very rude about it at events so it happends to every one :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    yes, but that still doesnt change the fact that racism has nothing to do with the majority or the minority.
    of course you would say that, that's what all opressors say to try and silence the minority and make them feel like they're being silly.The scope of racism you expereince being part of the majorit is so small mcompared to what you expereince as a minority

ReputationRep:
    of course you would say that, that's what all opressors say to try and silence the minority and make them feel like they're being silly.The scope of racism you expereince being part of the majorit is so small mcompared to what you expereince as a minority
    but its still racism, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    UAF is a front for muslims.
    :rofl:

you're kidding right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiobhan)

thats simply not true u can feel passionate about the way other people are treated and want to do something about it so what your saying is that because he personally is not being insulted and affected he cant understand it therefore shouldent do a thing about it because he dosent understand the feeling ?

you know i am a white girl and i face racism all the time just because your white dosent mean it dosent happen i dance in a dance troupe and because most of them are black allot of people ask why im there and im the odd one out none of them mind but allot of other black people are very rude about it at events so it happends to every one :/
    the only reason they do that is because for every "racist" comment you expereince they expereince 5 and they have had to work twice as hard and be twice as good in order to get to the same position as you.
    Also holding someone's hand and saying " i feel your pain" dosen't alleviate their pain nor does it mean you will experience the pain.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong. I have experienced racism on more than one occasion.
    Okay you have experienced racism, I said most likely you won't, it's highly uncommon in general. The point stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    To be fair, I'm not white and living in the UK and I haven't experience racism. So lol, I doubt a white person is going to experience racism.
    Your ability to flawlessly extrapolate from one data point astounds and amazes.
    Ever thought of switching to Maths&Statistics?

ReputationRep:

Let me tell you a story,

Well? He's right. White people in this country are almost certainly not the victims of systematic or institutionalised racism. Saying that isn't racist.

ReputationRep:
    My friend's in Bradford Uni and was beaten up a few months back for being white.

I did laugh when he told me, just for the social irony.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.