The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
It honestly depends on where you are, and who is there.

A white person walking through gang turf in Tower Hamlets, Hackney or Bradford, parts of Birmingham (and so on) who happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time could receive racism.

A similar logic applies to ethnic minorities - walking through a small country village with narrow-minded locals, white gang turf, etc.

Just as a white/ethnic minority individual would probably be unlikely to receive racism walking up the Mall to Buckingham Palace or outside the Palace of Westminster, etc.

Due to white people being a majority, there are naturally going to be less areas where they may receive racism; however, it is utterly juvenile and reminiscent of warped, attention-seeking delusions to claim white people never experience racism.
Reply 81
Recheck your definition of racism.
Johnthebaptist1
:rofl:

you're kidding right?

Should go to a UAF rally :shifty:
Reply 83
FyreFight
You spectacularly missed his point.

Why? Instead of makinf a big fuss bbecause some asians killed a white boy, they should be making a fuss because the boy was killed STANDARD.

Who the **** cars who is brown, white or whatever, someone died but people only yake any notice of it because he was white and they were asian.
FinishHim!
It honestly depends on where you are, and who is there.

A white person walking through gang turf in Tower Hamlets, Hackney or Bradford, parts of Birmingham (and so on) who happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time could receive racism.

A similar logic applies to ethnic minorities - walking through a small country village with narrow-minded locals, white gang turf, etc.

Just as a white/ethnic minority individual would probably be unlikely to receive racism walking up the Mall to Buckingham Palace or outside the Palace of Westminster, etc.

Due to white people being a majority, there are naturally going to be less areas where they may receive racism; however, it is utterly juvenile and reminiscent of warped, attention-seeking delusions to claim white people never experience racism.

Oh good, someone with sense at last.

Anyone who believes racism is purely 'whites discriminating against minorities' is stupid.
Reply 85
I'm with the EDL mate and I am not an extremist, our demo in Bolton had to be cancelled because UAF were going to pretend to be EDL and attack some Hindus, so that we'd get the blame.

You can't say that you are antifash and then behave like fascists.

Yes of course white people experience racism.

Arthur.
Tallicalad
Has anyone ever met like a really, really angry activist?

Let me tell you a story,

Was talking back form town to university only to see the usual kind of picket about some sort of cause, this one happened to be about stopping racism at the uni and setting up a group to do just that...

To cut a long story short the guy I was talking to, who happened to be of south Asian, explained to me that I was unable to and will never experience racism because I am white.

Now, I'm pretty sure that comment in itself is racist...

His comment was stupid, not racist.
az1992
Why? Instead of makinf a big fuss bbecause some asians killed a white boy, they should be making a fuss because the boy was killed STANDARD.

Who the **** cars who is brown, white or whatever, someone died but people only yake any notice of it because he was white and they were asian.

You think Kriss Donald got more attention than Stephen Lawrence? Are you serious?
Reply 88
ForeverIsMyName
You think Kriss Donald got more attention than Stephen Lawrence? Are you serious?

Im talking in terms of this Forum,

people seem ready to present these stories of injustice and horrific attacks on white people but seem to forget that it also happens the other way as well
az1992
Im talking in terms of this Forum,

Thats not true. Do a search.

people seem ready to present these stories of injustice and horrific attacks on white people but seem to forget that it also happens the other way as well

Who forgot that it happened the other way? One poster argued that white people don't experience racism. That is wrong.
Reply 90
mercifulinpain
the only reason they do that is because for every "racist" comment you expereince they expereince 5 and they have had to work twice as hard and be twice as good in order to get to the same position as you.
Also holding someone's hand and saying " i feel your pain" dosen't alleviate their pain nor does it mean you will experience the pain.

okeey wait a minute here that's not right "they" have told me that since being here they havent really faced racism and i have worked dam hard to get there because most of them are brothers and sisters which makes your comment sound racist its self that because im white and i get racial situations put intfronts of me its okeey because there might be a slim chance of them facing it as well i mean if u look at satistics it shows that more and more white people are facing it every day and that if u feel strongly about racism and havent faced it like some people you have basically just told the rest of this form to egnore it because u havent faced therefore know nothing about it so walk pass the picket line and forget it becuase you dont know what its like (excuse me but its a big issue that every one should stand together to stop it becuase technically that kind of egnorance starts it in the first place)

sorry long message reply :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending