Turn on thread page Beta

What do GIRLS like to hear ? watch

What do girls like to hear most from a boy? I mean things that make girls pleased and feeling good around a boy.

I noticed that girls like when a boy notices and compliments on things like new hair style/colour, new shoes, looking fitter every day etc.
    And I also noticed that you should never tell a girl that she is fat or has a fat ass even if its only joke and you don't mean it..

Please share your experience and opinions and suggest some things that boy should and shouldn't say to a girl.
    Should be an interesting discussion.
    thank you.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently you shouldn't just agree with them;

Her: I'm so ugly and fat!
    Reue: Okay..

She didnt appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her she's amazing and lovely. And when she's upset about how she looks, tell her she's beautiful. And, when she's annoyed or angry, don't say anything other than agreeing with her, and keep that to a minimum. When she's crying out of sadness, just hug her.

ReputationRep:
    Death metal.

ReputationRep:
    The truth is nice to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her she's beautiful and she'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I find it depressing how often people think you have to talk to women as if they're children. They don't always need someone complimenting them massaging their ego, just be honest but not unnecessarily offensive.

ReputationRep:
    "your beautiful"
    "your perfect"
    "i love you" or "i love being with you"
    they are a few that get me everytime :p:
    x

ReputationRep:
    Well all girls like exactly the same thing.
    And all girls like it when guys ask strangers on the internet for nice things to say to them instead of thinking of something nice to say themselves.
    And all girls like being treated as if you can't have a normal conversation with them and like to be treated like a strange alien species who need constant complimenting.

Honesty is the best policy. I'd rather someone be honest with me, even if it isn't pleasant to hear. The way I see it its just someones opinion, so it needs to be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    this one likes to hear from Tory Boys :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    I find it depressing how often people think you have to talk to women as if they're children. They don't always need someone complimenting them massaging their ego, just be honest but not unnecessarily offensive.
    This.
    Whilst we all say "we want to hear the truth" we don't want to be insulted. On the flip side, we don't always need to be praised. I don't understand where that comes from :confused:

(Original post by *Sparkle*)
    The truth is nice to be honest.
    Well, depends.. I would say that with most of people its better to keep some things for yourself because they just wouldn't stand and accept the truth. I haven't really experienced a situation when being totally honest (on an unpleasant topic) ended up good... Usually saying your straight opinion and what you think makes situation explosive

(Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Sorry, but unfortunately with many girls/women this is not the case. You need to use certain formula to impress them and make them feel good. If you just speak your mind, it very easy to insult them and make situation uncontrollable.

(Original post by anoif_)
    This.
    Whilst we all say "we want to hear the truth" we don't want to be insulted. On the flip side, we don't always need to be praised. I don't understand where that comes from :confused:
    Hmm, so if you get a new hair cut that you are very happy about and your boyfriend doesn't even notice it or say anything about it, you are completely ok with that ?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Big girl you are beautiful?

ReputationRep:
    Lies! Nuff said! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well I get a bit bored of hearing the same thing from guys (ie generic 'you have a really sexy body' etc etc)...something a bit different and personal to me would be nice.

My boyfreind says i have a big ass, i dont mind Lol
    and yeah i like it when guys say that im beautiful makes me feel special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Big girl you are beautiful?
    Fat bottomed girl you make the rocking world go round

OR

Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me...

If I was a bit hefty, that's what I'd like to hear. :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.