Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im taking maths, biology and chemistry at A level
    and because of the chemistry ive been automatically put in for Mathematics Mechanics but that can be changed if i them ask to either the mathematics decision and discrete or mathematics statistics
    from the few sentences about them in the prospectus and the descriptions at the open evening i think the mathematics decision and discrete sounds the most interesting
    does anyone know any more about them ?
    or if overall (eg to universities) it makes any difference to which you choose?
    or how much difference it makes that im taking the science as well?

ReputationRep:
    Decision = easy as hell
    Statistics = easy as hell
    Mechanics = awkward.

Your choice - personally I'd beg to do D1.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah D1 is easy. But I find mechanics interesting, it may be hard, but once you understand it, it's become somewhat fun. But then again D1 is kinda fun, but that's really because my teacher is actually good .

oh and don't do S1 it's **** boring. Everyone I know who does it hates it.

ReputationRep:
    D1 isn't what I'd call interesting in the slightest; it's easy, but very very tedious and annoying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.