Turn on thread page Beta

Letter from Oxford Re: Interviews etc.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "I regret that we are unable to offer you a place at "xyz", but I understand that another college is likely to accept you. IF you have not already recieved such an offer and do not recieve one within the next few days please write to me. I trust that the outcome of your Oxford application will indeed be sucessful."

Where xyz= college i applied for. I know my interview with xyz went much worse than the interview with the college which I was allocated as 2nd choice.

So what does that paragraph mean? I am still in with a chance? I am accepted into another college? or do they send this to everyone who didn't get into their first college?

Many thanks..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tealer)
    "I regret that we are unable to offer you a place at "xyz", but I understand that another college is likely to accept you. IF you have not already recieved such an offer and do not recieve one within the next few days please write to me. I trust that the outcome of your Oxford application will indeed be sucessful."

Where xyz= college i applied for. I know my interview with xyz went much worse than the interview with the college which I was allocated as 2nd choice.

So what does that paragraph mean? I am still in with a chance? I am accepted into another college? or do they send this to everyone who didn't get into their first college?

Many thanks..

Sounds like good news mate!

ReputationRep:
    Wow well done!

ReputationRep:

Many thanks..
    Well done mate! You got into oxford!

ReputationRep:

Many thanks..
    My brother got the same letter today. He then called up the college that rejected him and they they confirmed that he had a place with the college that gave him a second interview. So well done, you should here within days, if not tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    ok, it'd be really harsh if i got a rejection letter then I guess?

Fingers crossed I'll be up early to get the post!! I'll let you know how it goes...

ReputationRep:
    SWEET !! I got in!! 3A's needed at A-Level which I can do!!

Thanks dudes/dudettes love you all!!

William

ReputationRep:

William
    well done

ReputationRep:

William
    Well done. What subject/college?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.