Letter from Oxford Re: Interviews etc..

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Tealer
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
"I regret that we are unable to offer you a place at "xyz", but I understand that another college is likely to accept you. IF you have not already recieved such an offer and do not recieve one within the next few days please write to me. I trust that the outcome of your Oxford application will indeed be sucessful."

Where xyz= college i applied for. I know my interview with xyz went much worse than the interview with the college which I was allocated as 2nd choice.

So what does that paragraph mean? I am still in with a chance? I am accepted into another college? or do they send this to everyone who didn't get into their first college?

Many thanks..
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tealer)
"I regret that we are unable to offer you a place at "xyz", but I understand that another college is likely to accept you. IF you have not already recieved such an offer and do not recieve one within the next few days please write to me. I trust that the outcome of your Oxford application will indeed be sucessful."

Where xyz= college i applied for. I know my interview with xyz went much worse than the interview with the college which I was allocated as 2nd choice.

So what does that paragraph mean? I am still in with a chance? I am accepted into another college? or do they send this to everyone who didn't get into their first college?

Many thanks..

Sounds like good news mate!
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wow well done!
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Many thanks..
Well done mate! You got into oxford!
ancien
Report 16 years ago

Many thanks..
My brother got the same letter today. He then called up the college that rejected him and they they confirmed that he had a place with the college that gave him a second interview. So well done, you should here within days, if not tomorrow.
Tealer
ok, it'd be really harsh if i got a rejection letter then I guess?

Fingers crossed I'll be up early to get the post!! I'll let you know how it goes...
Tealer
SWEET !! I got in!! 3A's needed at A-Level which I can do!!

Thanks dudes/dudettes love you all!!

William
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

William
well done
Veedy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

William
Well done. What subject/college?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
7.77%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.55%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (86)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (50)
12.95%
No, nothing has changed (117)
30.31%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
18.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed