Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the

Harry Potter Society!

:party:
    Current Member Count - 93!

I know that there's a whole forum dedicated to it, but I don't think that should mean that having a society is useless. Membership in the HP Society would reflect our appreciation of Harry Potter even as we wait for Book 7, even as we aren't in the Harry Potter forum, and even after Book 7 is released! (We're talking longevity here )

We'll also try to get permission to post a cool HP Society logo once that feature is up and running again.

================================ ==================

JOINING THE HARRY POTTER SOCIETY

To join the Society, you must do two things:

(1) send a PM to the HP Society Headmaster (me ) with the following information: (a) the house you'd like to join, and (b) the subjects, if any, that you'd like to take up; AND

(2) make a post in this thread, also with (a) the house you'd like to join, and (b) the subjects, if any, that you'd like to take up.

CHOOSING A HOUSE

To choose a House, you can be guided by the Sorting Hat, or you can also choose on your own (after all, it is our choices that define us, as Dumbledore said ). A special request: please consider joining Hufflepuff or Slytherin (Hufflepuff especially), because these two houses are quite outnumbered by the people in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw!

UPDATES

- Congratulations to Ravenclaw for winning last years House Cup Full Results can be found here

- The HP Society Homework Thread is up! So you can now check out all the latest assignments all in one thread. Click here to go to the Homework Thread.

- New Year, New Term! House points have started again, every house starts at 100

LIST OF MEMBERS, HOUSES, AND HOUSE POINTS

HP SOCIETY LEADERS
    Teachers and Head Boy and Girl

Aphrodite ----------------------------------> Transfiguration Teacher, Head of Ravenclaw, and Headmistress (Former House affiliation: Ravenclaw)
    treff -------------------------------------> Headmaster (Former House affiliation: Ravenclaw)
    Doom_and_Gloom -------------------------> Charms Teacher, Head of Gryffindor
    ~Raven~ ---------------------------------> Ancient Runes Teacher, Head of Slytherin
    hedwig -----------------------------------> Care of Magical Creatures Teacher, Head of Hufflepuff
    Xenon ------------------------------------> DADA Teacher (Former House affiliation: Gryffindor)
    Wise One ---------------------------------> History of Magic Teacher (Former House affiliation: Gryffindor)
    feeling good ------------------------------> Potions Teacher (Former House affiliation: Ravenclaw)
    YourJoyIsMyLow--------------------------> Head Girl
    Lil_Groovey_Dude-------------------------> Head Boy

GRYFFINDOR
    HEAD OF HOUSE: Doom_and_Gloom
    Gryffindor

minimo -----------------------------------> On hiatus (formerly DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes)
    rach1986
    ~Alyssa~
    Mrs. Political -----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Arithmancy
    Pepaim ----------------------------------> Transfiguration, History of Magic, DADA
    darth_vader05 ---------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, COMC
    PennyRoyalTea
    xBeLLax
    Widowmaker
    mousey
    triple_seven
    Racheliscool -----------------------------> Transfiguration, DADA, Potions, Charms
    habosh
    GandalfdaGoblin --------------------------> Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Charms, DADA
    __WiZaRD__
    sexysax
    GoldenBumblebee
    Ramy
    z_2j96
    itsingi ------------------------------------> Charms, DADA, Transfiguration, Arithmancy
    megan
    Rach : ) ----------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions
    z_2j96 ------------------------------------> DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Potions
    polythenepam
    * gemchicken *
    silva_GIRL
    ChariK
    staticrhubarb -----------------------------> DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Arithmancy, COMC
    curryADD
    bananapolo
    ~MOi~
    Luna -------------------------------------> Potions, DADA
    theunforgiven -----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, COMC, Arithmancy
    SamLizz90 --------------------------------> DADA
    MagikGuy
    sportschick -------------------------------> DADA, COMC, Charms, Transfiguration
    Vienna ---------------------------------> Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, History Of Magic and DADA
    cutie_catty--------------------------------> Potions, Charms and Herbology
    rahmara
    ames123
    Nicolo------------------------------------->Potions, Charms, Transfiguration, DADA
    xxx_mini_xxx------------------------------->Arithmancy, Potions, Transfiguration, DADA
    sim90-------------------------------------->Transfiguration
    aNgLoPhIlE
    jojo-irish-jojo-------------------------------> Charms, Transfiguration, DADA, Potions
    Angel Interceptor
    Robusty------------------------------------> DADA
    sweetchokl8kisses--------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, COMC, Charms
    insparato----------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration

RAVENCLAW
    HEAD OF HOUSE: Aphrodite
    Ravenclaw
    LawHopeful
    SexyKe
    Moloko
    ~nat~
    Random one
    ~Bex~ ------------------------------------> Potions, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, History of Magic, Charms
    Vin
    hulachick15
    Adhsur
    strawberry_wise ---------------------------> On hiatus (formerly Transfiguration, Charms, COMC, DADA)
    TKR
    henryt ------------------------------------> DADA, COMC, Potions, Transfiguration
    northern_lass
    Northumbrian
    lirael --------------------------------------> Arithmancy, DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, History of Magic
    Princess Ana
    smallguy54321 ----------------------------> DADA,Transfiguration, Charms, COMC, Potions
    cottonmouth
    greatpotter -------------------------------> Transfiguration, Charms, Potions
    FOALY ------------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions
    DavidnotMark -----------------------------> Charms, Transfiguration, Herbology, Potions, DADA
    SlyPie
    uncleramsay ------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, COMC
    alex_ramsay ------------------------------> Charms, DADA, Transfiguration, Astronomy
    LauraJane14 ------------------------------> Potions, DADA, Charms, History of Magic
    Nysh-------------------------------------->DADA, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
    Anived------------------------------------>DADA, Charms, Potions
    Shylock------------------------------------> Transfiguration, DADA, Charms Potions
    outrageous121----------------------------->CoMC, Arithmancy, DADA, Muggle Studies
    Helzerel
    demonbuttercup--------------------------->Potions, Transfiguration, DADA
    jl279-------------------------------------->Transfiguration, DADA
    Jollyjo------------------------------------>Transfiguration, DADA
    beth...

HUFFLEPUFF
    HEAD OF HOUSE: hedwig
    Hufflepuff

~Jen~ ------------------------------------> Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Charms, Transfiguration
    noofruit
    nipponboshi -------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Arithmancy
    Ramsy ------------------------------------> COMC, Arithmancy, Transfiguration, DADA
    ChocoVet
    Motiebob
    pEzKiNg
    TheSun
    Tazzie
    Moondust
    Charlie P
    Serina M
    Enfalas
    thekillerpie --------------------------------> History of Magic, Transfiguration, Muggle Studies
    sidekick -----------------------------------> DADA, Charms, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
    xXLil'-AnGelXx------------------------------>DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Herbology
    Woody------------------------------------->DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, CoMC
    Stagestruckgal----------------------------->Potions, Transfiguration, Charms and DADA
    Krazi Puji
    itwobbles
    astheniaxgirl------------------------------->Transfiguration, Potions, Muggle Studies and Herbology

SLYTHERIN
    HEAD OF HOUSE: ~Raven~
    POINTS: 100 - 10 - 15 + 10 - 5 + 25 + 5 + 20 - 5 + 15 - 5 + 10 + 5 + 20 + 5 + 20 - 5 + 10 + 25 + 25 + 20 + 20 + 10 + 50 + 10 + 10 - 10 = 310
    Slytherin

yo-less -----------------------------------> Dark Arts
    Psycho_Gerbil -----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Divination, Charms, Arithmancy
    absentmindedone
    Sebby
    Amlea ------------------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration
    justchar ----------------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms
    Bless the Child
    Aeana ------------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes
    cosmopolitan
    Ventricles
    Shaun O'Keefe ----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Arithmancy, Muggle Studies
    Dragonkid902000
    killerbee
    voldemort_lord ----------------------------> DADA, Charms, Potions, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
    Dragonkid902000
    yourjoyismylow ---------------------------> DADA, Potions, Charms, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
    Phonicslass-------------------------------> Tranfiguration
    drochinosen------------------------------> DADA, Ancient Runes
    Lucas123
    heather_17-------------------------------> DADA, Potions
    paridhi------------------------------------> DADA, Potions
    remindmeagain----------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Arithmancy
    Lambda Delta Pi
    Pineappleipod-----------------------------> Charms, DADA, Potions and Transfiguration
    y2ksecret

EX-MEMBERS
    The Dearly Departed

Spondrah ---------------------------------> formerly Hufflepuff taking Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes
    love2learn --------------------------------> formerly Ravenclaw taking Arithmancy
    xlouisedoll ---------------------------------> formerly Hufflepuff taking DADA, Potions, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Muggle Studies

If you've joined, please help the society grow by spreading the word around!

ReputationRep:
    I want to!

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to join. I'm Harry Potter mad .

ReputationRep:
    Great! You guys are pioneer members of the HP Society!

ReputationRep:
    me too! I'm a great fan!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, if it's okay, can you guys help promote the HP Society? Like spreading the word around or putting the link in your sig or something

ReputationRep:
    I'll join if you don't mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bless the Child)
    I'll join if you don't mind
    Not at all Welcome to the HP Society!

ReputationRep:
    Where do I sign?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I'm surprised there isn't one already but I'll join. Great idea!

ReputationRep:
    can i join please?

ReputationRep:
    add me

ReputationRep:
    Please can i join?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna join ... pleeeeeease :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can i join?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Alyssa~)
    Ooo I'm surprised there isn't one already but I'll join. Great idea!
    Yea, I was surprised that there wasn't one too, so that's why I thought of starting one!

ReputationRep:
    Great! I'll add you guys.

Welcome to the HP Society! :beer:

i was gonna do that!!!

nevermind!can i join?
    i wanna be the official dark arts member

ReputationRep:
    Please can I join too? And could we please have an icon like the Simpson's Society? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Add me please! And an icon would rock!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.