Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Welcome to the

Harry Potter Society!

:party:
Current Member Count - 93!

I know that there's a whole forum dedicated to it, but I don't think that should mean that having a society is useless. Membership in the HP Society would reflect our appreciation of Harry Potter even as we wait for Book 7, even as we aren't in the Harry Potter forum, and even after Book 7 is released! (We're talking longevity here )

We'll also try to get permission to post a cool HP Society logo once that feature is up and running again.

================================ ==================

JOINING THE HARRY POTTER SOCIETY

To join the Society, you must do two things:

(1) send a PM to the HP Society Headmaster (me ) with the following information: (a) the house you'd like to join, and (b) the subjects, if any, that you'd like to take up; AND

(2) make a post in this thread, also with (a) the house you'd like to join, and (b) the subjects, if any, that you'd like to take up.

CHOOSING A HOUSE

To choose a House, you can be guided by the Sorting Hat, or you can also choose on your own (after all, it is our choices that define us, as Dumbledore said ). A special request: please consider joining Hufflepuff or Slytherin (Hufflepuff especially), because these two houses are quite outnumbered by the people in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw!

UPDATES

- Congratulations to Ravenclaw for winning last years House Cup Full Results can be found here

- The HP Society Homework Thread is up! So you can now check out all the latest assignments all in one thread. Click here to go to the Homework Thread.

- New Year, New Term! House points have started again, every house starts at 100

LIST OF MEMBERS, HOUSES, AND HOUSE POINTS

HP SOCIETY LEADERS
Teachers and Head Boy and Girl

Aphrodite ----------------------------------> Transfiguration Teacher, Head of Ravenclaw, and Headmistress (Former House affiliation: Ravenclaw)
treff -------------------------------------> Headmaster (Former House affiliation: Ravenclaw)
Doom_and_Gloom -------------------------> Charms Teacher, Head of Gryffindor
~Raven~ ---------------------------------> Ancient Runes Teacher, Head of Slytherin
hedwig -----------------------------------> Care of Magical Creatures Teacher, Head of Hufflepuff
Xenon ------------------------------------> DADA Teacher (Former House affiliation: Gryffindor)
Wise One ---------------------------------> History of Magic Teacher (Former House affiliation: Gryffindor)
feeling good ------------------------------> Potions Teacher (Former House affiliation: Ravenclaw)
YourJoyIsMyLow--------------------------> Head Girl
Lil_Groovey_Dude-------------------------> Head Boy

GRYFFINDOR
HEAD OF HOUSE: Doom_and_Gloom
Gryffindor

minimo -----------------------------------> On hiatus (formerly DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes)
rach1986
~Alyssa~
Mrs. Political -----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Arithmancy
Pepaim ----------------------------------> Transfiguration, History of Magic, DADA
darth_vader05 ---------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, COMC
PennyRoyalTea
xBeLLax
Widowmaker
mousey
triple_seven
Racheliscool -----------------------------> Transfiguration, DADA, Potions, Charms
habosh
GandalfdaGoblin --------------------------> Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Charms, DADA
__WiZaRD__
sexysax
GoldenBumblebee
Ramy
z_2j96
itsingi ------------------------------------> Charms, DADA, Transfiguration, Arithmancy
megan
Rach : ) ----------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions
z_2j96 ------------------------------------> DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Potions
polythenepam
* gemchicken *
silva_GIRL
ChariK
staticrhubarb -----------------------------> DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Arithmancy, COMC
curryADD
bananapolo
~MOi~
Luna -------------------------------------> Potions, DADA
theunforgiven -----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, COMC, Arithmancy
SamLizz90 --------------------------------> DADA
MagikGuy
sportschick -------------------------------> DADA, COMC, Charms, Transfiguration
Vienna ---------------------------------> Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, History Of Magic and DADA
cutie_catty--------------------------------> Potions, Charms and Herbology
rahmara
ames123
Nicolo------------------------------------->Potions, Charms, Transfiguration, DADA
xxx_mini_xxx------------------------------->Arithmancy, Potions, Transfiguration, DADA
sim90-------------------------------------->Transfiguration
aNgLoPhIlE
jojo-irish-jojo-------------------------------> Charms, Transfiguration, DADA, Potions
Angel Interceptor
Robusty------------------------------------> DADA
sweetchokl8kisses--------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, COMC, Charms
insparato----------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration

RAVENCLAW
HEAD OF HOUSE: Aphrodite
Ravenclaw
LawHopeful
SexyKe
Moloko
~nat~
Random one
~Bex~ ------------------------------------> Potions, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, History of Magic, Charms
Vin
hulachick15
Adhsur
strawberry_wise ---------------------------> On hiatus (formerly Transfiguration, Charms, COMC, DADA)
TKR
henryt ------------------------------------> DADA, COMC, Potions, Transfiguration
northern_lass
Northumbrian
lirael --------------------------------------> Arithmancy, DADA, Charms, Transfiguration, History of Magic
Princess Ana
smallguy54321 ----------------------------> DADA,Transfiguration, Charms, COMC, Potions
cottonmouth
greatpotter -------------------------------> Transfiguration, Charms, Potions
FOALY ------------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, Potions
DavidnotMark -----------------------------> Charms, Transfiguration, Herbology, Potions, DADA
SlyPie
uncleramsay ------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, COMC
alex_ramsay ------------------------------> Charms, DADA, Transfiguration, Astronomy
LauraJane14 ------------------------------> Potions, DADA, Charms, History of Magic
Nysh-------------------------------------->DADA, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
Anived------------------------------------>DADA, Charms, Potions
Shylock------------------------------------> Transfiguration, DADA, Charms Potions
outrageous121----------------------------->CoMC, Arithmancy, DADA, Muggle Studies
Helzerel
demonbuttercup--------------------------->Potions, Transfiguration, DADA
jl279-------------------------------------->Transfiguration, DADA
Jollyjo------------------------------------>Transfiguration, DADA
beth...

HUFFLEPUFF
HEAD OF HOUSE: hedwig
Hufflepuff

~Jen~ ------------------------------------> Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Charms, Transfiguration
noofruit
nipponboshi -------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Arithmancy
Ramsy ------------------------------------> COMC, Arithmancy, Transfiguration, DADA
ChocoVet
Motiebob
pEzKiNg
TheSun
Tazzie
Moondust
Charlie P
Serina M
Enfalas
thekillerpie --------------------------------> History of Magic, Transfiguration, Muggle Studies
sidekick -----------------------------------> DADA, Charms, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
xXLil'-AnGelXx------------------------------>DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Herbology
Woody------------------------------------->DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, CoMC
Stagestruckgal----------------------------->Potions, Transfiguration, Charms and DADA
Krazi Puji
itwobbles
astheniaxgirl------------------------------->Transfiguration, Potions, Muggle Studies and Herbology

SLYTHERIN
HEAD OF HOUSE: ~Raven~
POINTS: 100 - 10 - 15 + 10 - 5 + 25 + 5 + 20 - 5 + 15 - 5 + 10 + 5 + 20 + 5 + 20 - 5 + 10 + 25 + 25 + 20 + 20 + 10 + 50 + 10 + 10 - 10 = 310
Slytherin

yo-less -----------------------------------> Dark Arts
Psycho_Gerbil -----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Divination, Charms, Arithmancy
absentmindedone
Sebby
Amlea ------------------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration
justchar ----------------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms
Bless the Child
Aeana ------------------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes
cosmopolitan
Ventricles
Shaun O'Keefe ----------------------------> DADA, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Arithmancy, Muggle Studies
Dragonkid902000
killerbee
voldemort_lord ----------------------------> DADA, Charms, Potions, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
Dragonkid902000
yourjoyismylow ---------------------------> DADA, Potions, Charms, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration
Phonicslass-------------------------------> Tranfiguration
drochinosen------------------------------> DADA, Ancient Runes
Lucas123
heather_17-------------------------------> DADA, Potions
paridhi------------------------------------> DADA, Potions
remindmeagain----------------------------> DADA, Potions, Transfiguration, Arithmancy
Lambda Delta Pi
Pineappleipod-----------------------------> Charms, DADA, Potions and Transfiguration
y2ksecret

EX-MEMBERS
The Dearly Departed

Spondrah ---------------------------------> formerly Hufflepuff taking Care of Magical Creatures, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes
love2learn --------------------------------> formerly Ravenclaw taking Arithmancy
xlouisedoll ---------------------------------> formerly Hufflepuff taking DADA, Potions, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Transfiguration, Muggle Studies

If you've joined, please help the society grow by spreading the word around!

Balloo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want to!
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd love to join. I'm Harry Potter mad .
treff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Great! You guys are pioneer members of the HP Society!
Amlea
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
me too! I'm a great fan!
treff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh, if it's okay, can you guys help promote the HP Society? Like spreading the word around or putting the link in your sig or something
smiley :)
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'll join if you don't mind
treff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bless the Child)
I'll join if you don't mind
Not at all Welcome to the HP Society!
Wise One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Where do I sign?
Musicalie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ooo I'm surprised there isn't one already but I'll join. Great idea!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
can i join please?
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
add me
SexyKe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Please can i join?
~Jen~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wanna join ... pleeeeeease :p:
nipponboshi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can i join?????????
treff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Alyssa~)
Ooo I'm surprised there isn't one already but I'll join. Great idea!
Yea, I was surprised that there wasn't one too, so that's why I thought of starting one!
treff
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Great! I'll add you guys.

Welcome to the HP Society! :beer:
yo-less
Report 13 years ago
i was gonna do that!!!

nevermind!can i join?
i wanna be the official dark arts member
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Please can I join too? And could we please have an icon like the Simpson's Society? Thanks!
makeshiftwings
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Add me please! And an icon would rock!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.08%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.82%
No, but I want to start (303)
37.09%
No, I am unable to (202)
24.72%
No, I chose not to (223)
27.29%