The Harry Potter Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
makeshiftwings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Homework for Arithmancy students (minimo, ~Bex~, nothern_lass, ~Jen~, xlouisedoll and Psycho_Gerbil).

Find out which number corresponds to your house and if your number matches with it.
For example: My number: 2. Slytherin: 4. Result - well matched but Slytherin's four doubles sense of conflict for me. House points for the best reports. PM me.
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Doom_and_Gloom)
Ok I'm just going to do ask a question for thoses doing charms (people that arn't doing charms that do know can also answer if they wish to though). First person to answer it correctly will be awarded points. I will decide on how many for the right answer and will give extra points if you can give an example of where it was used in a book, even more if you can state who used it.

What is the charm that causes this effect : a spell that moves objects? (A hint : this is to move an object from one place to another. Not to make an object float or hover)
Is it 'portus'? The spell used to turn an item into a portkey?
Doom_and_Gloom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
Is it 'portus'? The spell used to turn an item into a portkey?
No I'm sorry that is not the one I'm thinking of. To move objects not people. flippendo is not the answer either darth_vader05. I'm sorry you two. Please do try and get this. It is quite difficult I have to say.
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No I'm sorry that is not the one I'm thinking of. To move objects not people. flippendo is not the answer either darth_vader05. I'm sorry you two. Please do try and get this. It is quite difficult I have to say.
Is it 'mobili'?
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
Is it 'mobili'?
No it's not . Wow I didn't realise it was this hard when I first put it up.
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No it's not . Wow I didn't realise it was this hard when I first put it up.
Someone will get it, don't worry!!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what about Reducto?
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
what about Reducto?
No I'm really sorry to say that isn't it either .
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is it waddiwassi (not sure about spelling!), used in PoA by Lupin to get chewing gum out of a keyhole?
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
Someone will get it, don't worry!!
I really hope someone will get it. Thanks for the encouragement :hugs: .
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No I'm really sorry to say that isn't it either .
Placement Charm?
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by makeshiftwings)
Homework for Arithmancy students (minimo, ~Bex~, nothern_lass, ~Jen~, xlouisedoll and Psycho_Gerbil).

Find out which number corresponds to your house and if your number matches with it.
For example: My number: 2. Slytherin: 4. Result - well matched but Slytherin's four doubles sense of conflict for me. House points for the best reports. PM me.
I've jusy submitted my homework, and I found it very interesting.
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ~Bex~)
Is it waddiwassi (not sure about spelling!), used in PoA by Lupin to get chewing gum out of a keyhole?
Yay someone got it.Waddiwasi is indeed correct . 5 points fot knowing the name of the charm (even though you couldn't spell it). 5 for knowing what book and 5 for knowing who uses it and why. So a total of 15 points for Ravenclaw. Well done for getting it correct .
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yay someone got it.Waddiwasi is indeed correct . 5 points fot knowing the name of the charm (even though you couldn't spell it). 5 for knowing what book and 5 for knowing who uses it and why. So a total of 15 points for Ravenclaw. Well done for getting it correct .
Yay! I wasn't actually expecting it to be right after so many wrong guesses! Thanks! (and I was only one letter out with the spelling!!)
makeshiftwings
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think Bex is turning out to be the Hermione of the forum :p:
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hehe! Well there's still another 4 weeks until I go back to school, so I have to find some way to keep me busy!
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well it is said that Ravenclaws are cleaver. The whole "or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning, will always find their kind" comes into mind. Looks like the sorting hat was correct in putting her there doesn't it. It has never been wrong yet you know .
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well it is said that Ravenclaws are cleaver. The whole "or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning, will always find their kind" comes into mind. Looks like the sorting hat was correct in putting her there doesn't it. It has never been wrong yet you know .
Hehe again! I've often been told that I'm somewhat Hermione like lol.
Piece
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey!
this is the care of magical creatures teacher here, so everyone taking comc this is your 1st task!

list any 7 magical creatures.

completion date: 8/aug/05 @ 6.00pm

you had better PM me the answer as everyone will copy each other otherwise

thnx!!

professer hedwig!!
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hedwig)
hey!
this is the care of magical creatures teacher here, so everyone taking comc this is your 1st task!

list any 7 magical creatures.

completion date: 8/aug/05 @ 6.00pm

you had better PM me the answer as everyone will copy each other otherwise

thnx!!

professer hedwig!!
iv just submitted my essay, hope it was ok professor hedwig.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (175)
80.28%
Leave (43)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise