Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So, I greatly dislike my current university situation. Far be it from me to just endure it and ***** and whine constantly at my friends (hrm...), I'm going to do something about it.

    I'm doing the last semester of my second year, the FINAL year of the FOUNDATION degree. I intend to add a top-up year onto it in order to make it into a full degree. But, I don't want to do it at Northumbria University. I'm going to speak to Northumbria's Student Services to get information next week. But, I know from experience that they are completely useless, so I thought I'd ask about and see what I see.

    How can I go about changing my university? What information do I need in regards to UCAS and Student Finance Direct? And, what am I classed as, am I a postgraduate as I will have technically finished my entire course? Or am I an undergraduate as it's only a foundation degree I've done and I'll essentially be applying for the final year of a full degree? I have no frames of reference for this kind of thing .

    Has anyone done a mid-education course switch before who could offer up some help, advice, or warnings? As I say I'm asking several people so I'll see what I see.

    Best-case-scenario would be securing a place at London MET, but I know that would be expensive and will require another bunch of paperwork and money-spending on accommodation (currently living at home). Any help or advice you lot can offer would be greatly appreciated .
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.