Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I don't think meeting guys off the Internet is a very good idea. I mean, I've nearly gone to the odd TSR Meet; but I wouldn't have gone alone, and there would have been more than two of us going (that, and I was close to 18).

From your post, you seem quite naive and immature. Have you thought about what could happen if he's not who he says he is? The fact you've made this thread makes me doubt whether you've thought this through properly... All those little questions cause you to come across as a 13 year old schoolgirl, fannying about with the first person who's ever shown her interest. That is NOT good. Relationships made in the real world are much safer, as you tend to know what you're getting from the outset and recognise the other persons face. He's probably read this thread, and it's most likely going to cause him to run a mile. You're going wayyyyy too fast - talking over MSN and PMs is not the best way to get to know someone!

If you MUST meet him, do not go alone. Not everyone on TSR will be a student or a teenager. There will be some creeps lurking around trying to get younger girls, it's inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Worrier12345)
    I so want to know how this turns out...
    i was just thinking that

ReputationRep:
    it's blatently seanisonfire or jangrafess

ReputationRep:
    erm you've gone into quite a lot of detail there, won't he realise this is him if he reads it?

meet somewhere safe and in public, beware paedos preying on girls online (just saying)
    just talk to him normally and take it slow, talking to people only online can mean you don't see all the sides of their personality, I'd say you definitely need to meet him and get to know him before deciding if you want to take things further ..
    and just wear what you normally wear!

Hey, by sheer coincidence, I was PMing and texting a girl from here recently, and we started flirting and all of that! Admittedly, I do get a little defensive over being insulted by her because I like her, and don't want her to look down on me, I also defend her on these boards sometimes :o:

We're actually meeting up soon, we'll see how that goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just can't stop thinking about him even though I've never met him before/never even heard his voice/don't know him THAT well. :confused:
    OP, this not really a good sign.

Personally, I wouldn't date someone I've met on the internet but if you want to do this, I suggest meeting up in a public place. Also you should tell someone where you're going.

hi

its me

don't worry what to wear, plz come nekkid

thx.bai.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of being anon when you give enough info that if he reads this he'll know it's you!

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete please...kind of obvious why!

This will probably end up being a ramble but:
    Tell me if this is really stupid.
    Any thoughts on if he feels the same way? :confused:

Okay so me and TSR guy just started chatting randomly on a thread as you do and then it moved to PM's and eventually MSN/texts.
    Its been like 3 months since we first started talking and recently we've been talking loads.

He flirts a lot and I flirt back too. However, I've noticed that whenever I insulting him in the slightest just to tease him, he gets really annoyed? Why!!!! Also, on TSR, he tells other guys not to chirpse me and generally acts protective of me, as if he owns me (but in a jokey way) I'm so confused by all this!! Is he trying to hint that he likes me or is he just a massive flirt who has got me over-analysing?

He's also been really keen on us meeting up... and so we're going to do something over half-term (a week away!! :eek:) I'm nervous but really excited at the same time and I know he is too... what do I expect? what do I wear? ahh this is all so weird... I just can't stop thinking about him even though I've never met him before/never even heard his voice/don't know him THAT well. :confused:

Tbh, I'm expecting loads of "wtf is wrong with you" replies, and in response: I WISH I KNEW!!
    But yeah TSR...help me out here!!! any thoughts/advice on clothes is appreciated

awww. how cute....ok a couple of questions for u...

Since u guys text each other, I am guessing you ave his number?....how come he/u never called to talk..instead of texting for 3 months...

Also...u might be over-analyzing his gestures.....maybe he is "protective" because he is flirtatious?....Maybe that's his way of flirting?...I would say tell him to send u a pic b4 u see him.....in terms of clothes to wear....I dont know what to tell u..i am surprised thats a big deal...where r u guys meeting?..a pub?...if it is a restaurant, then maybe u could wear something semi-sexy?...I dont know......just wear something comfortable... and what u wear should depend on where u are meeting.....u seem nervous and excited at the same time....I hope u dnt get disappointed with his looks....so tell him to send a pic b4 u see him...

ReputationRep:

Okay so me and TSR guy just started chatting randomly on a thread as you do and then it moved to PM's and eventually MSN/texts.
    Its been like 3 months since we first started talking and recently we've been talking loads.

He flirts a lot and I flirt back too. However, I've noticed that whenever I insulting him in the slightest just to tease him, he gets really annoyed? Why!!!! Also, on TSR, he tells other guys not to chirpse me and generally acts protective of me, as if he owns me (but in a jokey way) I'm so confused by all this!! Is he trying to hint that he likes me or is he just a massive flirt who has got me over-analysing?

He's also been really keen on us meeting up... and so we're going to do something over half-term (a week away!! :eek:) I'm nervous but really excited at the same time and I know he is too... what do I expect? what do I wear? ahh this is all so weird... I just can't stop thinking about him even though I've never met him before/never even heard his voice/don't know him THAT well. :confused:

Tbh, I'm expecting loads of "wtf is wrong with you" replies, and in response: I WISH I KNEW!!
    But yeah TSR...help me out here!!! any thoughts/advice on clothes is appreciated
    Pleeease webcam chat first. It's so much easier AND SAFER! meeting up with people you know from the internet if you are ONE BILLION PERCENT sure they're who they say they are. Plus if you webcam chat first you'll have an idea about physical attraction, honestly it will lower the chances of awkwardness. Wear whatever you want, be yourself and if it works, it works! If it doesn't hopefully you've gained a good friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    OP, this not really a good sign.

Personally, I wouldn't date someone I've met on the internet but if you want to do this, I suggest meeting up in a public place. Also you should tell someone where you're going.
    Definitely this. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Tell several people you know IRL before you meet.

(Original post by Worrier12345)
    I so want to know how this turns out...
    i will let you all know, don't worry! :p:

(Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Have you seen what he looks like on webcam before you go and meet him
    I have seen what he looks like already and I do know that he is who he says he is.

And to everyone saying we should meet in a public place. I WAS planning on doing this. And no I'm not some naive 13 year old whoever it was who said so, I just wanted some advice!

About the "what to wear?" - I realised this was stupid after I'd posted it but as anon I can't edit. I more wrote that as I was thinking it to myself but hey.

If he sees this... wooooooooops.

ReputationRep:
    Complete Anon fail. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Please have secks and post a link to a video here.

Thx

(Original post by DerPumuckl)
    Complete Anon fail. lol.
    How exactly?

ReputationRep:
    TBH OP, I think you should wear nothing :sogood:

Wear what you like, why would you change your normal style for some stranger over the net?
    Make sure he's who he is blah blah
    Basically what everyone else has said.

ReputationRep:

Just thought i'd let you know that if he is on here and reads this thread he will know its you. You were rather specific.

Anon fail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Generally, I don't think meeting guys off the Internet is a very good idea. I mean, I've nearly gone to the odd TSR Meet; but I wouldn't have gone alone, and there would have been more than two of us going (that, and I was close to 18).

From your post, you seem quite naive and immature. Have you thought about what could happen if he's not who he says he is? The fact you've made this thread makes me doubt whether you've thought this through properly... All those little questions cause you to come across as a 13 year old schoolgirl, fannying about with the first person who's ever shown her interest. That is NOT good. Relationships made in the real world are much safer, as you tend to know what you're getting from the outset and recognise the other persons face. He's probably read this thread, and it's most likely going to cause him to run a mile. You're going wayyyyy too fast - talking over MSN and PMs is not the best way to get to know someone!

If you MUST meet him, do not go alone. Not everyone on TSR will be a student or a teenager. There will be some creeps lurking around trying to get younger girls, it's inevitable.

OK lets give this girl a break....

While there is absolutely NOTHING inherently wrong with meeting someone over the internet, you have to approach this with caution. The key is to be smart about it...I know of couples ( over 15 years of marriage) who met over the internet...bottom line....Internet dating should be approached with caution..but it is not a bad thing

OP, all you have to do is tell this guy to send u a pic, meet in a Public pub or public wherever and take it from there... Keep an OPEN mind....u might either be disappointed or your "FEELINGS" might get stronger after meeting him....it could go either way...so dont get too excited...but from ur post, it seem you enjoy his company ( well at least you guys text/IM each-other..so u like something about him)..

Bottom line..wear something comfortable, try to get his picture, meet him in a public place and keep an open mind...u will be just fine....keep us/me updated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    The A_master will weigh in on this issue:

You sound like you totally have fallen for this guy before you've met him. Go meet up then form an opinion based on that; just stop over thinking everything.

As for the telling guys to back off thing, I do that with girls I chat to off TSR but it's for the banter really
    banter or you do it on tsr because you couldnt do it in real life

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.