Turn on thread page Beta

I like a TSR guy... watch

ReputationRep:
    How people can get together through the internet without having met eachother is just beyond me :dry:
    it's just so creepy, I won't be surprised if you end up not liking him after meeting...people can come across as totally different personalities online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WEB)
    banter or you do it on tsr because you couldnt do it in real life
    True dat! You got it one. Wanna be the saviour of my social life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    He's blatanly going to read this.
    haha that's exactly what i was thinking!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would wear something casual, just top and jeans type of thing. You have probably heard this too many times, but make sure you meet in a public place, etc. and if possible, take a friend along. About him being insulted, maybe he doesn't realise you're joking? If it's on msn/through texts, it can be quite hard at times to know how the person is saying it. I wouldn't worry too much though, he obviously still wants to get to know you, as you are arranging to meet up. Hope it all goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi

its me

don't worry what to wear, plz come nekkid

thx.bai.

/thread

hahahahaha. Legend.

ReputationRep:
    ps: look hot without it being obvious you made loads of effort. It's obviously a date so you might as well look your best

ReputationRep:
    OP, if you insist on meeting a guy you hardly know, a face you've never seen, a voice you've never heard, then do so with a bit of common sense and thought behind it all. Meet in a public place with plenty of people around. Don't wander off to a secluded area and this includes any invites to his "house". Be relaxed yet alert at all times. As for clothes, dress as you normally would to meet friends, too much and you'll come off desperate or give off the wrong impressive. If you're uncomfortable at any point before or during, just don't go or leave, never feel obligated to stay if you don't want to.

P.S. Int_Applicant, dude you over use of the ellipsis is hilarious. Read your post out loud and pause for a few dramatic seconds each time you hit an ellipsis, sounds daft doesn't it?

Anon or delete please...kind of obvious why!

This will probably end up being a ramble but:
    Tell me if this is really stupid.
    Any thoughts on if he feels the same way? :confused:

Okay so me and TSR guy just started chatting randomly on a thread as you do and then it moved to PM's and eventually MSN/texts.
    Its been like 3 months since we first started talking and recently we've been talking loads.

He flirts a lot and I flirt back too. However, I've noticed that whenever I insulting him in the slightest just to tease him, he gets really annoyed? Why!!!! Also, on TSR, he tells other guys not to chirpse me and generally acts protective of me, as if he owns me (but in a jokey way) I'm so confused by all this!! Is he trying to hint that he likes me or is he just a massive flirt who has got me over-analysing?

He's also been really keen on us meeting up... and so we're going to do something over half-term (a week away!! :eek:) I'm nervous but really excited at the same time and I know he is too... what do I expect? what do I wear? ahh this is all so weird... I just can't stop thinking about him even though I've never met him before/never even heard his voice/don't know him THAT well. :confused:

Tbh, I'm expecting loads of "wtf is wrong with you" replies, and in response: I WISH I KNEW!!
    But yeah TSR...help me out here!!! any thoughts/advice on clothes is appreciated
    "flirts a lot" just implies he's flirted with many girls and has a bit of confidence about him, dont take it too seriously OP because you'll end up getting hurt if you actually like him...
    i added someone i didn;'t know on facebook after talking on another forum a lot and was quite flirty, but then you realise that you're just leading them on and feel like real crap when you know you dont like them enough to date them but just for some fun text flirting etc.

and before you get into something more serious just consider the fact that talking over the internet and text is so much easier with some people and you're online relationship will never be the same in real life, hard to explain but people generally are so so much different in real life

you might think you know him well enough, but i did the same, im a guy and i asked to meet another girl i was talking to on TSR, we talked a lot for a long time online and texted but when we met it was all awkward because you just realise that infact you have nothing in common, nothing to talk about, and that shes just another friend who you just had to meet at least once
    we still talk like every 3/4 weeks now, but its not how it was!

alternatively you could meet in an even more public situation like if you know you're going to like a show or exhibition with some other people then tell him he should go there too and then conveniently meet him or go to a univeristy open day that hes going to

as for me, i dont think i'd meet peopel from TSR again after the first one completely went weirdly because talking via messaging is just so much easier and far less serious, unless you know the guy very very well and can comfortably say he's not leading you on and is genuinely interested in you, then it might turn out to be a flop and only knowing him for 3 months is not enough to know him that right amount to know that he's a good friend for life and not just another weird flirt from the internet who wants to add to his ego by meeting girls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    He's a TSR geek. Don't go on a week-away with him on your first meeting, that's silly. Get to know him first.

No, they're going out in the half term - a week away from now.

ReputationRep:
    personally, i wouldn't meet up with anyone whom i had met on the internet. You have no idea who they are, or what they are like. I would only go if you are entirely sure. sorry to not be much help. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_master)
    The A_master will weigh in on this issue:

You sound like you totally have fallen for this guy before you've met him. Go meet up then form an opinion based on that; just stop over thinking everything.

As for the telling guys to back off thing, I do that with girls I chat to off TSR but it's for the banter really
    lol I thought this was about you! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    is it me. This always happens to me. I'm sorry if i said anything to make me sound interested, meth is a hell of a drug you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    No, they're going out in the half term - a week away from now.
    Oh. Well, that's okay then.

ReputationRep:
    Omg Half Term Is A Week Away, People.

ReputationRep:
    On a shallow note; how do you know you will be remotely attracted to him when you meet up? Or vice versa. Have you seen him on webcam or something? Do you live near eachother then?
    I'd probably wear jeggins and a long top with a cardy..

Okay so me and TSR guy just started chatting randomly on a thread as you do and then it moved to PM's and eventually MSN/texts.
    Its been like 3 months since we first started talking and recently we've been talking loads.

He flirts a lot and I flirt back too. However, I've noticed that whenever I insulting him in the slightest just to tease him, he gets really annoyed? Why!!!! Also, on TSR, he tells other guys not to chirpse me and generally acts protective of me, as if he owns me (but in a jokey way) I'm so confused by all this!! Is he trying to hint that he likes me or is he just a massive flirt who has got me over-analysing?

He's also been really keen on us meeting up... and so we're going to do something over half-term (a week away!! :eek:) I'm nervous but really excited at the same time and I know he is too... what do I expect? what do I wear? ahh this is all so weird... I just can't stop thinking about him even though I've never met him before/never even heard his voice/don't know him THAT well. :confused:

Tbh, I'm expecting loads of "wtf is wrong with you" replies, and in response: I WISH I KNEW!!
    But yeah TSR...help me out here!!! any thoughts/advice on clothes is appreciated
    "he gets really annoyed? Why!!!!"
    lol! thats the classic "make her feel bad then i have more of a chance" or "yeah girls like guys with un-manly feelings" move.
    unless he's insecure or cant take a joke?

half term? how old are you two because if you're anything less than 18 then i'd wait...

yeah the "cant stop thinking about him" is a toxic thing, i felt the same about this other girl i talked to online only first and did a lot for them and talked a lot, for them to turn out to not be interested in your further than just occasional talking online! you're better off going back to normality and meeting guys the proper way or getting to know this guy more

figure out how desperate he is to meet up, turn the first one down but then agree on an a day a while away which should annoy him if he's genuine then move it closer

ReputationRep:

meeting someone you met online..
    isn't that an inevitable nono :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do it. If it's the guy I think it is he has also done the same with me and we're talking about meeting. Two-timing *******.

ReputationRep:
    well defensiveness shows he likes you.. umm meet him in a public place like a mall or town centre. If you don't like him blow him off when you see him.. like ive got loads of work 2 do so i've got to go in a bit. umm, i dont think your weird.. but maybe a little drunk off the chemistry you THINK you have without having met him. Wear a nice long sleeve crew top and some nice jeans: its cold outside! good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    At least have the sense to 'cam first.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.