Turn on thread page Beta

I like a TSR guy... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At least see a pic of him first. (i'm assuming you haven't? ;o) Add him on facebook, so you can have more of an insight to what he's like.. :P
    If you like the look of him, go for it! (Y)

ReputationRep:
    have you even spoken to the guy on the phone and seem pics/webcam............?

(Original post by ibbstertrickster)
    well defensiveness shows he likes you.. umm meet him in a public place like a mall or town centre. If you don't like him blow him off when you see him.. like ive got loads of work 2 do so i've got to go in a bit. umm, i dont think your weird.. but maybe a little drunk off the chemistry you THINK you have without having met him. Wear a nice long sleeve crew top and some nice jeans: its cold outside! good luck with it
    yes, this is the best post OP
    and i know this feeling :rolleyes:

once you meet him you'll realise your mistake and things could go all for you, or all against you... think twice, try and arrange a meeting somewhere far more public like a university open day, clubbing at least this way it wont seem like you're desperate (if you are then fine) and you're much safer

i dont know how many people you've met on TSR or talked to but its not worth meeting via mutual agreement to meet (if that makes sense) as in you should conveniently meet somewhere where you are going and you tell him to go too, this way any awkwardness will be minimal and you can leave on schedule of things dont go well

hope i've helped op, just that i've been in this situation

anon 5

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen him on webcam before?
    If you want to meet him, go ahead, make sure its in public, just in case he isin't who you think
    lol at post #17

ReputationRep:
    its nice that you found someone and the fact that he is protective must make you feel special (and i would guess he likes you too). but be careful about meeting up with people of the internet. he could be ANYONE. it could even be a girl! try to make sure you at least see a picture (prefably on cam) and hear his voice and take someone with you just to make sure. you can never be too careful with these things. i know people who have had VERY bad experiences with these situations. on a lighter side, hope it all goes well

ReputationRep:
    If he has a big postcount, you can trust him.

A big postcount also means one more thing...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please...kind of obvious why!

This will probably end up being a ramble but:
    Tell me if this is really stupid.
    Any thoughts on if he feels the same way? :confused:

Okay so me and TSR guy just started chatting randomly on a thread as you do and then it moved to PM's and eventually MSN/texts.
    Its been like 3 months since we first started talking and recently we've been talking loads.

He flirts a lot and I flirt back too. However, I've noticed that whenever I insulting him in the slightest just to tease him, he gets really annoyed? Why!!!! Also, on TSR, he tells other guys not to chirpse me and generally acts protective of me, as if he owns me (but in a jokey way) I'm so confused by all this!! Is he trying to hint that he likes me or is he just a massive flirt who has got me over-analysing?

He's also been really keen on us meeting up... and so we're going to do something over half-term (a week away!! :eek:) I'm nervous but really excited at the same time and I know he is too... what do I expect? what do I wear? ahh this is all so weird... I just can't stop thinking about him even though I've never met him before/never even heard his voice/don't know him THAT well. :confused:

Tbh, I'm expecting loads of "wtf is wrong with you" replies, and in response: I WISH I KNEW!!
    But yeah TSR...help me out here!!! any thoughts/advice on clothes is appreciated
    How come you never thought to meet him sooner?

ReputationRep:
    Awwww this is so nice.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the anons getting warned for claiming to be the guy in question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    If he has a big postcount, you can trust him.

A big postcount also means one more thing...
    Tell me, tell me - what does it mean? :flutter: XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Tell me, tell me - what does it mean? :flutter:
    Oh, I don't know if I should.:mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    But why not...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or maybe...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Damn, still not sure...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok, I'll tell you...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or maybe not...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Alright, let's do this...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But I'm still undecided...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A HUGE PENIS!!!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    x
    Also, to expand on my previous comment, do you have him on your facebook? If you do, is he good looking, does he have good hair, and is he definitely not a creepy internet psycho? If the answer to all those is yes, then why are you still here! Go do something!

Just so you don't discredit my post, I met a TSR boy after a lot of MSN and text-based flirting around 6 months ago, it couldn't have gone better, been going out over 4 months now! + His hair is lush :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Oh, I don't know if I should.:mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    But why not...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or maybe...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Damn, still not sure...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok, I'll tell you...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or maybe not...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Alright, let's do this...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But I'm still undecided...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A HUGE PENIS!!!
    Haha, it's good to know :sexface:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    He isnt one of these desperate to loose their virginity TSRians is he ??
    Be careful haha !

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:, i havent been on TSR all day, i come online now and this is the first thread i see, errrm, do whatever you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    it's blatently seanisonfire or jangrafess
    Haha you had me wondering then, but nope, none of my victims.

ReputationRep:
    I only click on these threads to see if the OP is about me :emo:

Otherwise, it doesn't interest me.

(Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Haha you had me wondering then, but nope, none of my victims.
    None of mine either. Haven't been texting anyone from TSR regularly for a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    This kinda stuff actually happens

I thought TSR was just full of paedophiles and 10 year olds :eek:

No one PM's me.... but then again... I don't PM anyone else either and don't trust anyone on here :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I remember meeting someone off the net once in Manchester city centre.

He'd smoked loads of weed before meeting me and was really disorientated which was awkward enough. Then he had a crazy fit in Starbucks and me and my friend had to carry him outside where he started convulsing and vomiting. Oh, and the conversation was awkward even though I thought he was terribly witty.

Weirdest day ever.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.