Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Haha you had me wondering then, but nope, none of my victims.
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    None of mine either. Haven't been texting anyone from TSR regularly for a few weeks.
    Guys, I need some tips please.

Have you seen if he's hung?
    He migth just be lying about it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Have you seen if he's hung?
    He migth just be lying about it :cool:
    you went anon just to say that

ReputationRep:
    I met up with a girl from TSR once. I went to stay at hers for a few days. It was good but her sex drive became kind of intimidating.

So it can work and he's not necessarily a peadophile, it's just likely that he is. Most people on the internet are.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, it's a terrible idea to meet someone without knowing what they look like, and I know from first hand.

ReputationRep:
    I've done the whole meeting partner through internet thing and it lead to an 18 month long relationship (with a very pretty, intelligent girl, might I add). However, there is absolutely no way I would do this with somebody I haven't even communicated with by voice or seen a picture of! You're known each other this long and you've been communicating via text the whole time? Seriously?

Text communication gives people the ability to be anyone they want. Voice does to some extent, but it severely limits the possibilities, and allows you to get to know each other better before you meet up. Get on skype and get some of those 5-hour-long conversations under your belt first.

There's nothing wrong with meeting partners on the internet. In my experience, anyone who gives you stick for it is either jealous or narrow-minded, and anyone telling you to not do it is a generalizing moron!

only 2 months into having a tsr account i got to talking with someone alot
    ended up meeting them after talking to them couople of times on the phone, facebook msn was after a few weeks of filling up TSR inbox...

we met and some fun, we began sorta going out and were quite close (not sooo close you can call it a proper relationship though)
    but slowly you realise that people you talk to over the internet its just not the same when you meet them, you begin to reealise they're not as you thought they'd be and as genuine as you think you are online you also come across quite different to them aswell because many things are so easy to do/say online

we did go out for 3 months the entire summer after gcse, and after that we just drew apart and realised we're too different and we rushed into something, we were either both desperate or just liked the idea of going out with someone or were just very bored during the summer and enjoyed the company!

but i dont think i'll do this again, one will slowly realise what an online friend is, should stay near enough an online friend, its good to meet etc. but you will realise you and them seem very different than you were online!

admittedly this did knock my confidence in meeting people who i've talked to online and i'm hesitant about this now, probably a lame thing to say but its true, you're more weary and you'd rather just continue talking online rather than bother myself with awkward situations etc. and allow meeting to come naturally in a non-forced way (if that makes sense! i.e. at uni, clubs etc.)

good luck OP
    (if you can guess who this is miss OP then im pretty sure i know who you are and i can tell you more if needed)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.