Turn on thread page Beta

Wanting to drop out of uni and restart next year, have I missed the oppurtunity watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this is my first thread so...

Ok, basically, 3 weeks into the 2nd term of my 1st year :/ and I'm really not enjoying my time here. I won't go into why, its roughly the same reasons that others drop out.
    If I did drop out now, do you think the uni would let me restart again in October 2010. I'm at Durham, by the way.
    I'd probably want to do the same course again, but have found it hard while I've been here, because of depression etc. and have subsequently got pretty bad grades, would they accept me back.
    Sorry for sounding like a bit of a loser, I was just hoping uni would be 'the time of my life' , and it hasn't been, but I can see now that it would have been, if I'd done things a bit differently during the first term, and had found people who I have something in common with.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    By the sounds of it you simply want to restart again at Durham, correct? If so, then talk to your personal academic tutor, explain the whole situation, your depression, etc. and see what he says.

Unfortunately you're a bit late now to reapply via UCAS to other universities, though you could always email some and see if they'd consider your late application.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... my tutor isn't a particularly nice human being, and i feel really uncomfortable talking to him about anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    By the sounds of it you simply want to restart again at Durham, correct?
    Yes thats right, is it actually possible though?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by liamski1111)
    Yes thats right, is it actually possible though?
    To find that out you have to ask your personal tutor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    You're there to work and get a degree, the social side is the icing on the cake. What if you start again and you again find that things arn't exactly to your liking? .
    I have thought about this before thanks. I can see what I should have done during my first term i.e. not hiding in my room, feeling depressed. It wasn't just 'my fault' , there were loads of factors that have led me to wanting to start over. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering how it worked out for you as I am feeling exactly the same (and am also at Durham coincidentally) and hae no idea what to do!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.