Turn on thread page Beta

Who actually likes Taylor Swift? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cool that she's made country music palatable to a British pop audience (well, when I say "She", I mean more her marketing team). But as far as musical credibility goes, mergh. It's for kids, I don't think it's really aimed at anyone over 17.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I understand the appeal. She sings about issues her target audience can relate to. She also wears clothes so that's a plus for the parents and she writes all her own songs.

Actually, I like her songs. You Belong With Me is a tune.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -XxX-)
    i cant think of any songs by taylor swift i dont like.
    So, you like "Today was a fairytale"?

have you seen it's lyrics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gopika123)
    I don't like herr..her songs are too soppy and cheesy and she has nothing special about her. I have no idea how she walked away with album of the year!!

and i dont realy think she's that pretty either ...like carrie underwood is way prettier and has a nicer voice and sings country yet there's more hyper about taylor!
    I totally agree. Carrie Underwood is a much much much better country singer, her voice is beautiful...maybe Taylor gets more attention because she's younger?

ReputationRep:
    who the hell is taylor swift:confused:

...oh yeah that woman kanye west interrupted:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    So, you like "Today was a fairytale"?

have you seen it's lyrics?
    ok so some of her songs are better than others :p: but on the whole she's awesome

ReputationRep:
    She is good, and I like her. Admittedly Im not sure it was grammy worthy but what you gonna do I guess...

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend named his car after her :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I like all her songs ...apart from 'today was a fairytale'
    I think it's great she writes all her own songs and plays an instrument rather than just singing.
    She's amazing live too
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I like her music yeah.

£10 says most people who say "oh yeah she's had a couple of good songs but thats it" haven't actually listened to any others.

ReputationRep:
    Swift: Yes
    Bleiber: No

She is original and very young to write her own lyrics and have such widespread fame.

Don't even get me started on what's wrong with him.

ReputationRep:
    as a hardcore metalhead, i can reluctantly say shes a guilty pleasure...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I love her, I can definitely understand why her music isn't to everyone's taste but I find it really relaxing and if I put her album on shuffle I know not a single song I dislike's going to come up. Also, I think she's a fantastic role model for young girls, much better than Miley Cyrus or Britney or whatever. She's got her success through talent through playing her own instrument and writing her own music, and never gets photographed in skimpy outfits or anything. /gushing

ReputationRep:
    lol @ Grammys

ReputationRep:
    My brother fancies her. Half the girls I know want to be her it seems. I just don't get her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    Not me, ha. She's absolutely crap.
    Seconded.

I like her, it's the lyrics of the song as well plus I think she got alot of awards because of the whole Kanye West thing. But she is a good singer/songwriter and you can tell she loves what she does, she's only 19 and tall :love:.

ReputationRep:
    Personality wise I don't really mind her.
    But that album was not grammy worth, in any shape or form.

ReputationRep:
    Imma let you finish but Kanye West's album was the best of all time! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    i like her, but i totally get why some people wouldn't

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.