Turn on thread page Beta

Need help! i.e Interrupted my studies at uni. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had to interrupt my final year at university for medical reasons. I have had a new statement come through a few weeks ago stating my new entitlement to loan and tuition fee loan, I have paid the grant overpayment back for this term also. As I interrupted on the first day of 2nd term in January this year , does this mean I have to pay the tuition fee loan for the rest of this year. I am in no way financially able to do this, and I have read up and it says they can expel you from university , and it says on my university receipt I got by email I owe £2000 odd pounds... now this is ridiculous as I have only interrupted my course , and I haven't withdrawn, but do you think now it would be better for me to actually withdraw , as I am 99% sure I will not be returning to my course in 2011! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    please help!

ReputationRep:
    as long as you were in attendance after 01/12/2009 then you are entitled to a fee loan

who is saying that you owe £2000? your uni?

sounds to me like you should be ringing your LEA as soon as possible and find out how to go about getting the correct amount of fee loan released to your uni

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.