Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right . . my birthday is 3 weeks today. Trying desperately to organise something, but nobody seems to be interested. Texted a few friends to see if they fancied going to London for the day shopping - nobody has bothered to reply apart from one who said she is on holiday. Friend from uni wants to dress up as tacky gangsters and get completely wasted = im not into that sorta thing, getting drunk and whatnot I have completely grown up out of. I am having a meal with my family and close family friends and I would like some drinks (not overboard) with friends, but no1 is interested in that.

Last year was a complete and utter shambles = I organised a night out and only 1 person turned up = I even went home early because I just didn't enjoy myself. Im seriously considering just not doing anything for my b'day weekend - just stay at home and do my uni work.

So basically . . just wondering if anyone else has had a shambles of a b'day? . . .

ReputationRep:
    I don't celebrate my bday :iiam:

(Original post by A_master)
    Im going to start doing that tbh - no1 is interested in celebrating with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    We can celebrate with each other :perv:

We can celebrate with each other :perv:
    Y A Y . . .

ReputationRep:
    This. I don't like that day as much as I love celebrating bdays of my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Then don't bother doing anything with your friends? On my birthday we had a great time until everyone apart from me was wasted so I went home early and spent the rest of the evening hanging out with my boyfriend. Seriously you could just do an evening of watching movies and ordering pizza or something? Hope it works out alright

(Original post by Eden09)
    Then don't bother doing anything with your friends? On my birthday we had a great time until everyone apart from me was wasted so I went home early and spent the rest of the evening hanging out with my boyfriend. Seriously you could just do an evening of watching movies and ordering pizza or something? Hope it works out alright
    I don't have a boyfriend so doing the cosy stuff is out the question! My b'day falls on a Sunday so im going out for a meal with my family on Friday night. But I would have liked to have gone out to a bar, had some drinks - that is all I ask. And doing that just seems to be a chore for my ''friends'' nowadays. I was planning on going shopping on the Saturday . . no-one is interested in that either, (even though I have taken the day off from work to make the most of my b'day weekend).

(Original post by SingleStep)
    This. I don't like that day as much as I love celebrating bdays of my friends.
    I like celebrating my b'day, but these days nobody is bothered celebrating with me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.