Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which of these fine coats do you prefer? watch

ReputationRep:
    Difficult to say between them.

The nylon/polyester content counts against them for coats of those prices - I'd be looking for a less-than-5% content with the rest being natural fibres.

If you have the patience you could probably find a coat of a similar style with a much nicer feel (fine wool/cashmere blend) for the same price at TK Maxx.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a huge difference between them. They are very similar tbh :ninja:

...but the first one has better buttons xD

ReputationRep:
    one with the single row of buttons. I never trust a man with more than 4 buttons on a coat. ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    Second.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 1st one, both nice though tbh

ReputationRep:
    Errghh, i hate the model wearing them, makes me not like the coats. :|

ReputationRep:
    first one

ReputationRep:
    Unless you aspire to being an ambulatory billboard; neither. Also, if you really must broadcast your choice of designer to society-at-large, at least have the sense to opt for quality apparel: 'Superdry' is shoddy, kitsch, over-priced crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rhyus)
    If you have the patience you could probably find a coat of a similar style with a much nicer feel (fine wool/cashmere blend) for the same price at TK Maxx.
    Also, this.

ReputationRep:
    It actually took me a while to find out the difference between them . I know, it has been a long day for me and I need some sleep

The first one looks better imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Unless you aspire to being an ambulatory billboard; neither. Also, if you really must broadcast your choice of designer to society-at-large, at least have the sense to opt for quality apparel: 'Superdry' is shoddy, kitsch, over-priced crap.
    :ditto:

Wearing a "Superdry" garment only signifies to everyone that you are a complete moron. I actually look down on people who choose to wear this brand.

Additionally, how that shιte can claim to be "retro" or "vintage" in any way at all is a bit ****ing rich. They are hideous ******* clothes, the like of which has not been manufactured in the past for very good reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know why I'm posting, the point I wanted to make has already been made :sadnod:

But yeah, both coats are rubbash. And they both look really similar :hmmm:

Also why are you only now buying a coat? Seriously, coat-buying fail :nn:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest and say it's the same goddamn coat, the second one had a bit of a shiny plastic thingy on it that's all and gosh they're expensive coats.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the input all! I've gone for the first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Also why are you only now buying a coat? Seriously, coat-buying fail :nn:
    Thanks for your assessment of the timing of my coat-buying; much appreciated.
    I already happen to have other coats, but as I have recently been paid I would like to purchase another. I feel this is justified by the fact that we are not quite feeling the full force of the UK summer heat wave just yet.

Does that answer your question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Thanks for your assessment of the timing of my coat-buying; much appreciated.
    I already happen to have other coats, but as I have recently been paid I would like to purchase another. I feel this is justified by the fact that we are not quite feeling the full force of the UK summer heat wave just yet.

Does that answer your question?
    Now is the time that shops are bringing out their spring/summer collections. Seriously, all the good coats have been and gone in the sale by now.

Any coat available now is either going to be a) for cooler weather or b) like the one you're apparently buying, a.k.a crap :yep:

ReputationRep:
    First one.

ReputationRep:
    Double breasted one.

ReputationRep:
    Second. Double-breasted.

ReputationRep:
    Shoulder detailing is terrible.

I like the second one better, however.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.