Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paske)
    All of us are really at the same level, so yeah, he may not want me to leave, but he might want to look good.
    Yeah I think that might be the reason and I think my old suggestion of him fancying you has been ruled out because your both males (unless of course he's gay).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    That is odd. It would have been crossing boundaries had you written 'love' or 'xxx' in the card. The only logical explanation is that the teacher thinks you wrote something which you in fact didn't (or another student wrote them a card and signed your name) or the teacher fancies you and is avoiding you so as to not cause a scene. :eek:

Seriously, though, go talk to your Head of Sixth Form. It's his problem. He has to get over it. If what you've said is all you've done, then you're not in the wrong, and he can't force you to stay on the course, even if you're the only student doing well.

If the Head of 6th doesn't take you seriously, then go to the Head and say you'll be forced to approach the school governors or local council in regard to the matter. That'll get things sorted out quickly.
    Is writing 'love from' or 'xxx' inappropriate? I sign my cards to teachers with 'love from' and 'xoxo' always regardless of whether they're male or female.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it. or maybe he is 'protecting himself' like others have said as you put too many xx at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it. or maybe he is 'protecting himself' like others have said as you put too many xx at the end.
    It may sound wrong but I don't put xx after a card to my parents, so I doubt I put it on that card. I just underline my name...

ReputationRep:
    perhaps...the sentence "i hope everything is OK" is the cause?? iunno ..i think you should have said i hope u are doing well?.. well nah..same meaning.. haha

i guess it's because you want to leave his class and he had an injury..god knows what he thinks...

if no one is taking you seriously, u gotta find help from your parents.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he thought you were fishing for grades with the card?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.